Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Front light for commuting ? Not too dear please !
  • oldfart

Got 2 flashing/strobing jobbers for the back just want something for the front now .

funkrodent

If you don’t need a light to see (as opposed to being seen) you can pick up knog style flashers that connect using elastic for about £5. Most bike shops and outdoor stores do them. I’ve used them loads and they’re fine.

oldfart

Yeah unfortunately i need to see as well .some of the lezyne’s don’t look too bad .What were the one’s on Evilbay people were buying ?

simondbarnes

Cateye Nanoshot is ace value @ £60 – a reduction of £40 over last year’s price. Nice and bright, small & neat, USB charging.

lesoxdh
    Free Member

From a thread on STW I have just got myself one of these.

http://www.candb-seen.co.uk/bikehead-lights/cabs-02-series—cree-xml.html

I think for the price it is a great light and the low setting is not to bright from passing traffic as I finish work most nights at 1am at the moment.

Also it is great for the off road night riding too with the high setting.

fandango
    Free Member

Light and motion’s urban range is fantastic. I use the 300; 3hrs of light on full blast!

keaboing
    Free Member

I’ve got a Trelock LS-950. 100 squids so not exactly cheap but you can vary the brightness to suit conditions. It’s got a neat LCD readout which tells you how much time is left on the battery charge. You get about 40 hours on low setting and about 6 hours on bright. USB charging. The bracket needs a bit of rubber on the bars in order to stop it from drooping. Otherwise, very good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Front light for commuting ? Not too dear please !’ is closed to new replies.