Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Frome Bike Jumble – A Debriefing
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Well, that seemed to go surprisingly well 🙂

Took bookings for 24 pitches beforehand and a couple more turned up on the day (no more room in the Scout Hall so it spilled out into the car park). About hundred punters came through the doors, too, which meant I was able to give a cheque for £220 to the Wiltshire Air Ambulance.

Interesting mix of people. The full gamut of cycling enthusiast was there. Also great to see so many old friends and faces. Felt like more of a social event than a market place, though there were a few ‘professional’ bike jumblers (sellers) who do the circuit and were more keen to go through the other sellers’ boxes before even the tables had been set up… 😀

Great atmosphere – no haggling as such, just very fair pricing on the parts of the sellers. Nice to be able to do deals or throw in extra bits. Think I gave away more stuff than I sold 😆

Also interesting to note how the hubbub tailed-off after the first couple of hours. 5hrs was probably too long to run one for. Maybe 9 to 12noon next time.

If anyone is in a bit of a bike jumble geographical vacuum and is thinking of putting on their own, I would urge you to do so. It’s easy. Find a cheap venue, hire it, then publicise the event. If you can’t – or won’t – do any catering, refreshments can be provided by any pop-up café or burger van who wants the trade.

tangent
    Free Member

sound like a fun event , is there gonna be a repeat event in Frome ?

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Maybe, but I won’t be running it. I’m moving away 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Frome Bike Jumble – A Debriefing’ is closed to new replies.