Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • From the sorrow of this morning comes joy……..new bike content
  • montylikesbeer

From the pits of despair this morning to find my old trusty steed had been nicked by the scroats of Rossendale, the afternoon brought great joy.

Assisted by Graham G (justme) I took the plunge and got a new Orange 5 pro with the upgrade stuff (bars, seat and what have you)

The colour may shock some but its a minter (florescent orange)

Anyhow pics tomorrow

Off now to buy the biggest lock B+Q do

Junkyard
    Free Member

looking fwd to seeing it in action

crispybacon
    Free Member

wow – that's good going, who are you insured with?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Be carefull, the scrotes will know your gonna claim, and they may well come back..

I'll keep an eye out here in Accy..

montylikesbeer

I decided to weigh in for a new one and let the claim take its course.

New bike in the house until I beef up considerably the security.

Going to check ebay for second hand east German watch towers and barbed wire.

Pics posting in the morning

RustySpanner

What are we looking out for?

Post some details of the nicked bike and we'll keep an eye out.

One particular place in Tod always has suspicious looking characters hanging around, always with different bikes. 😉

Edited: have seen your other post – will keep an eye out.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

buy a shot come back…they wont come back if thier arse's are full of shot

ton

you need a bikeguard, good with his head £5 and a pork pie per hour… 😉

montylikesbeer

Its an '06 Marin wolf ridge, 18" black frame, red hope seat QL, M4 brakes, red hope bar ends.

I have had a ride round the valley tonight but no joy……………….gits the lot of them

montylikesbeer

I've got that new bike giddy feeling

I have got a pair of dark glasses on order from CRC, man its bright !

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I've just bought a "5" frame having snapped the seat tube on my old Rocky ETS-X and, having had two good rides on the new machine, I can tell you that you are about to be in love with an inanimate object.

We (see what I mean?) are going to Rhayader this weekend for some really big country riding around the Elan Valley and I fully expect to need stitches for the split in my face from grinning all the time, even when asleep…

montylikesbeer

I had a little bimble last night for half an hour, jeez its good.

Friday night with the lads (Mr Potatoehead, Andy, Pete and justme)should give me an even bigger smile.

Have fun at the weekend

oddjob
    Free Member

Nice.
    I like the orange(colour in this case) a lot

hugh_b
    Free Member

looks fantastic buddy, now get out and get it muddy! I have a new five frame on order in that colour..glad i went for the mandarin orange now…looks awesome in those pics. Orange defo don't do their bikes justice with pics on their website do they!

MountainMonkey
    Free Member

Looks super cool! Five's are soooo much fun, you really won't regret it! It's exactly like Mr. Woppit says…

montylikesbeer

cheers folks for the comments, its going to get muddy tomorrow

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

let giddiness ensue !!!!!

fishboy
    Free Member

Sweet! Just about to order something very, very similar but white and with RLCs. Just need to try an 18" and possibly a 20"

Have seen that fluoro orange in the flesh – shades essential!

erny
    Free Member

Ive just got my new 20" 5 frame aswell,picked it up from biketreks last sunday after they swapped the bits over from my heckler,been out on it 3 nights and quick blast this morning,it's sooooo sweeeeet..

montylikesbeer

cheers folks, out last night with Pete, out again today with chip and blobby, this thing is putting a right smile on my face.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Looks good that. Lovely build.

ton

montylikesbeer

very nice indeed.
    i do have a secret passion for all things orange……….
    may i be as rude as to ask how much you weigh monty…..
    thing is i have always thought i was too heavy for a five…but i am now thinking with the right build list i may have been wrong.

montylikesbeer

erm 17 and half stone wet through, so am officially a big lad.

Being out n it today and my riding is just better, I can't get my head round it.

For sure the bike is lighter than the old wolf ridge, it just climbs so well

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘From the sorrow of this morning comes joy……..new bike content’ is closed to new replies.