Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • From High Rollers to RQ 2.2
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I currently run a 2.35 super tacky on the front and a 60A on the rear (both single ply) but I am trying to lose a bit of weight from my bike and was thinking of switching to Conti Rubber Queens 2.2 Black Chilli: Anyone got any comparable experiences?

I mainly ride in rooty, loamy, sandy conditions, in all weathers.

Houns

Yes i went from 2.35 LUST to 2.2 RQ UST. The RQ’s are far better imo, they don’t feel like you’re towing a dead sheep

mikey74
    Free Member

what about cornering grip? Yes I know alot of it is in technique, but the tyres do help.

Houns

Corning grip is excellent, i ride the same kinda trails you do, they are slightly better in the mud too

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers for the info mate.

slowrider
    Free Member

Similar width but the rq’s have a bit more volume I think. I’ve been a long term fan of the hr but recently went from 2.5hr to 2.4rq and am very happy with the choice. Very predictable and consistent tyre, like an improved hr really. In performance not pattern.

Northwind

I couldn’t quite get on with rubber queens, I found the front end sliding in corners far too early, they’re fantastic in straight lines for big rocks and the like- but for flat corners they just didn’t seem to be up to the job. Fair enough better technique would probably help but they were letting go earlier than a 2.1 stick-e nevegal does, that’s a poor show. But the straightline braking and power is fantastic, almost on a par with a 2.5 DH nevegal but with none of the vast drag. And the volume is very nice, I wish I’d kept them so I could stick them on my rigid.

I’d have another set but I was happier just going back to my nevegals. The RQ is a big tyre that rolls like a small tyre but it also gripped in corners like a small tyre while still weighing as much as a big tyre 😉

Oh, this isn’t a criticism, just an observation, the standard ones are very porous and don’t take to tubeless very well, it took an enormous amount of sealant to get them to stop weeping through the sidewalls.

heihei

Mikey -2.2″ RQ’s (UST version) are my tyre of choice around Surrey Hills. They roll well, grip well including when wet, and are very predictable when they let go. Funnily enough I rode a demo bike yesterday with High Rollers on, and whilst impressed with the grip, they are draggy compared to the RQ’s.

mikey74
    Free Member

That’s exactly where I was talking about Heihei. Think I’ll try some. I should have said that I don’t run tubeless, and therefore will be getting the standard ones.

Anyone idea where the cheapest place to get them is?

heihei

Thought that was the case. With the non-UST you gain Black Chilli so should grip better, but obviously lose the improved rolling of a tubeless set-up. I’ve run a set of 2.4″s on my Slopestyle – amazing grip but huge!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘From High Rollers to RQ 2.2’ is closed to new replies.