Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • From a Simpler Time – Eastridge 1992
  • rootes1

my Mum found this whilst preparing to move house.

Eastridge 1992 Event Programme… a simpler time when a shop Saturday boy was allowed to do the programme cover! back then I was twiglet and not rootes!

Some snippets…

Cover:

Course:

Rules, Prizes + fags and sweet supplies:

Dave Mellor voucher – would be a laff to try and use it now…

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cool – retro 🙂

rootes1

yep no downhill..

just dual slalom, log pull!!, , tyre change, bunnyhop, xc and trials

cynic-al
    Free Member

Awesome, I have a few similar Scottish programmes and "Moont" "magazines" from the 80s at home too.

elliptic
    Free Member

The Log Pull sounds fantastic… there's an idea for the next STW weekender!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yeh cool :

rootes1

found some pics from my races in 1990, 91 and 92 at Cannock Chase Classics… will post them up.

rootes1

Remember someone snapping their as then new and cool Ti USE (or was it X-lite? seatpost doing this..

MrKmkII
    Free Member

just dual slalom, log pull!!, , tyre change, bunnyhop, xc and trials

like the classic weekender?! 😆

i remember the poorly Xeroxed newsletters for banbury all terrain club from way back when. i still wear the jersey i got!

Simon-E

rootes1, love that slightly spooky front page. Shows what you could be done before we had the internet and 3,000 fonts.

Dave's shop is just around the corner from where it was and still growing – they recently swallowed the fishing tackle shop next door.

A video of Peaty & co. in vintage DH racing at Eastridge run by Mid Shropshire Wheelers.

rootes1

rootes1, love that slightly spooky front page. Shows what you could be done before we had the internet and 3,000 fonts.

ta, do you like the owl at the top.. 😉

Yer I used to work in Dave's old shop – next door to the infamous shop 13…. the knocking shop rather than the village shop at Knockin…

I also designed the then club mtb logo – Shropshire Star clipping to be scanned later at its launch

his new shop really is ace – the old shop was dead cramped

cool – Ian collins was wearing my shirt design! love the disc drive rumbles

wwaswas

Simon-E

Yes, I like the owl.

I guess it's not quite like the old days where the electrical shop is now, just up from No.13 (somewhere to spend your lunch break, eh 😉 ). Despite the extra space the new shop is rather tight – the amount of stock they carry in is incredible and it's nearly always really busy in there.

rootes1

still have my mint sauce (mint + coleman) penned by Jo for a bag of donuts at malvern hills classic..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘From a Simpler Time – Eastridge 1992’ is closed to new replies.