Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fritzz 180 hpa race or cube stereo 160 hpa race?
  • mwazzer
    Free Member

I’m having my bike replaced after it was stolen… I have got these two now as my only real options, I was planning on a Capra or a Strive AL but if I take a cash option I won’t be able to afford these…

I have ordered the Fritzz but I’m worried I went for this just because more travel sounded better? I was riding a 2015 stump jumper 650b comp evo… I found my self bottoming out quite a bit and backing off in some sections so I was going for something a bit slacker so the front end feels more composed on the steep stuff

I can change what I’ve ordered so wondered if you guys had any ideas on which is better?

danbo
    Free Member

The 160 will be better for all round riding, although both are great bikes. The Fritzz would be my choice for more gnarly bike park, Freeride and DH type stuff rather than a general all rounder, although it will do the job as an only bike.

For general trail riding, the 160 will be a better bet, and still very capable! I had a good blast on a 160 last year and loved it.

martymac

Guy in a group i ride with has a fritzz, he rides it like a bmx, casually talking while wheelying up a bumpy 1in5 hill.
    It looks like a lot of fun.
    Having said that, i have a Stereo 120 ebike and can usually follow him, although not as quickly.
    If i wasnt too fat to climb hills, id go for the fritzz.

ade9933
    Free Member

I have the 160 Stereo Carbon from last year. I love it, great for gnar and climbs excellently too. Feels like a weapon that wants to be thrashed and can cope with way more than I can throw at it (and all my mates with the same bike say the same).

I cancelled the strive after completely useless customer service. Don’t regret it at all…. I did get a pretty good deal on an end of season cube though which makes it even sweeter tho.

mwazzer
    Free Member

Cheers for the input guys… I was going with the fritzz as i live near a DH park (Farmer Johns) and wanted to get some riding there over the summer before i go to uni… but I’m doing the ‘Ard rock so didn’t want something that was a lump to pedal!

I prefer the look of the stereo but never think about that when making a decision unless thats the only real difference… I’d ride something that looks awful (within reason) if it rode well!

If I had the cash I’d have the stereo callaghan rides but i don’t!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fritzz 180 hpa race or cube stereo 160 hpa race?’ is closed to new replies.