Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Friends required for bike related type stuff
  • mattp
    Free Member

Hi – I'm getting bored of my own complany and think i might be ready to join some other peeps for evening and weekend rides. i live in reading but can travel within reaon so if anyone fancies inviting me out in the week or at weekends for a spin i'd like to hear from you. i work some long hours and have a family so i'd need a bit of flexibility so let me know what you are doing and if i can tag along….

m

uplink
    Free Member

Afan this weekend?

Be afraid

mtbfix

CTC ride out from Caversham Bridge Weds eves and Sunday mornings (two rides – 9am to be back for noon and 10.30 all day ride stopping for pub lunches). I am out in Whitchurch and would be happy to go for a trundle some time.

gusamc
    Free Member

hi

in a similar boat (old group got pregnant/chidlren/gfs…etc) , so hoping to hook up with people for weekend stuff and weekends away

mailinprofile

JamesP
    Free Member

Check out WDMBC. 100+ members around the London, Slough, Reading type area. Regular weekend rides at Swinley/North Downs etc. Weekday/evening rides. Successful racing team if that sort of thing floats your boat. Pretty regular trips to Afan/Cwm Carn etc – we have a club van which helps.

£20 a year for subs but you can get it back through subsidised entry if you enter the club organised rides – Black Park, Bucks Off Road Sportive etc. Plus discount at Beyond Mountain Bikes in Cranleigh.

http://www.wdmbc.co.uk

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I am out in Whitchurch

You're not an ex Testbourne pupil are you?
    What's the riding like around Whitchurch. I'm just down the road but have never ventured out that way.

mattp
    Free Member

JamesP – Member

Check out WDMBC.

had thought about it but the whole "racing club" thing looked a bit too serious for me right now, maybe later in the year when i'm a bit fitter…but i do want to get in to racing even if it is a means to an end.

mtbfix – Member

CTC ride out from Caversham Bridge

is this a road or off road ride?

Overshoot
    Free Member

Hi Matt, i live in Twyford and am in a similar situation as you. I'll let you know if i am going on some local rides.

JamesP
    Free Member

Its not as racey as it might come across. But we do receive generous sponsorship from Beyond/Specialized/RapidRacerProducts and to keep sponsors happy we need to race.

However, all members benefit from the sponsorship through subsidised kit/trips/entry and discounts whether they race or not. I would say there are about 20 or so regular racers and the rest ride for fun and the social side of things. As an example we had 43 riders out on the North Downs last weekend and the vast majority were not racers.

The one exception tends to be 24:12 which is a club favourite. Just about everyone racers/non racers alike loves this and we had teams in every category last year. A sea of 55 Beyond riders 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Hello we already have a group of people who live in OXford and met via this website however on weekends we go out around the Chilterns. Last weekend we went out around Woodcote and Whitchurch, Goring etc, there's some good riding. If you are interested in joining the crazy mailing list drop me an e-mail and we'll get you added. the list is massive now and a small group ride ALL the time but others just turn up for weekends or once in a blue moon, no-one minds. You will just get weekley e-mails as they also night ride in Oxford EVERY Thuesday.

LEt us know if you're interested.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

PS Ours is in no way "racey" we are all out to have fun and ride, lunch stops, sometimes (depending on ride) mid coffee and cake stop and in the summer at the end of the ride full Sunday lunch pub and beer stop. Varying rides, abilities and anyone is welcome.

mtbfix

You're not an ex Testbourne pupil are you?
    What's the riding like around Whitchurch. I'm just down the road but have never ventured out that way.

Frequent confusion, I am in Whitchurch on Thames just west of Reading.

is this a road or off road ride?

Those are off road rides.

peath
    Free Member

I live out to the west of Reading near Aldermaston and family commitments willing (7 month old baby!) I get out a bit around Reading, Bucklebury, Greenham Common. Nothing racy though, just enjoy techy singletrack etc!

Let me know if you fancy a ride sometime.

Munqe-chick: I'm interested in your weekend rides, could you add me to the mailing list? Email in my profile. Ta!

crispedwheel
    Free Member

MC – every Tuesday!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I meant Tuesday but I'm trying to create some new "daaan wiv t'kids" spelling ….. 😉

Overshoot
    Free Member

Munqe-chick YGM

mattp
    Free Member

thanks guys.

i'm interested in any of the weekend activities above so let me know what's occuring this weekend. will have a go at the tuesday CTC ride out, can someone tell me where this meets at caversham bridge please.

thx – m

mattp
    Free Member

can any of you evening posting types recomend something this weekend??

dalepoint
    Free Member

riding wednesday eve nettlebed might be riding Sunday from reading

Andy

bananaworld
    Free Member

This thread reads a little like a dogging meet-up thread might read…

I said might read, ok!

mattp
    Free Member

bananaworld – Member

This thread reads a little like a dogging meet-up thread might read…

I said might read, ok!

PMSL

how would i, with my wife looking over the shoulder, know…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Friends required for bike related type stuff’ is closed to new replies.