Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Friend is on Dragons Den now…
  • somafunk

I think a friend is about to be on the Dragons Den show on BBC2 now, with her (and fathers) garden swing design.

user-removed
    Free Member

That episode ^^^ has been on recently – they didn’t like it much…

somafunk

Doh, wrong episode, that’s what comes fae not having a tv – the moving picture thing is all a bit black magic to me 😉 .

User-removed : Yeah…I know 😐 – they were not that impressed with it as a business opportunity but they did offer advice behind the scenes regarding distributors etc, they also thought it was different and unusual so that satisfied Dawson’s creative, designers mindset so he was quite happy he went on the program. Susan however was mortified about going on the program as the “dolly bird” and we gave her a bit of healthy ribbing aka 1970/80 game show dolly bird host but all good natured.

Good on them for trying though, he does make a good living from his design work and sells a surprising amount of the swings up n’ down the country as it is.

user-removed
    Free Member

Aye, it did look pretty cool but understood why the Dragons didn’t feel it was an investment opportunity.

There’s been a Groupon offer recently for a huge garden swing / hammock / cave thing. Like a weaver bird’s nest. Costs around the same as your friend’s swing – maybe they might consider getting into bed with Groupon or similar?

somafunk

To be perfectly honest he doesn’t “really” need any investment cash but thought it may be worth a shot anyway. He worked for porsche in the 70’s and is partly responsible for the awesome 928, he was partially responsible for the interior/exterior design (and the first movable instrument cluster), porsche purists didn’t like it though coz it wasn’t a 911 and it was a faster car, the 928 also had perfect 50/50 weight distribution so it didn’t try to kill you at every corner like the 911 did. It won the European car of the year in 78 so that kind of made him in the car industry. His own 928 is a rather special factory example and in immaculate condition as you’d expect.

Really nice, unassuming guy, susan’s a good laugh as well, but she’s mortified as to how she spoke and came across in the show, i’d hate to be on TV, god knows how i would come across but it would not end well.

Dawsons website if you want a look at his stuff

rudebwoy
    Free Member

i would love to go and see those beady eyed gravalicious faces as i pull back the black cloth to reveal a polished turd .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Friend is on Dragons Den now…’ is closed to new replies.