Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Fridays trip
  • scratch
    Free Member

Few blurry pics from Fridays overnighter.

Left work on the dot and set off in the loaded car making my way over to Llandovery,spent half the journey trying to remember stuff I might have forgotten / half hoping the greyness that’d hung around all day would clear up in the evening.

Unpacked and ready to go I set off along the road to Llyn Brianne, took a left at the top to head over to the bleak looking Doelthie valley.

Craig Pysgotwr
    Craig Pysgotwr

I never notice a huge amount of gradient when coming down the Dolethie valley although riding up always seems a bit unnatural, a push over to Soar-y-Mynydd and a quick road hill climb set me up for a flat entrance to the Twyi track.

Who’s been feeding the midges in Mid-Wales? The muggy air and lack of any noticeable breeze made it perfect conditions, Clouds of them covered the road making what should have been a pleasant ride along the river a chore with stops to wipe them off my head every 25meters.

Arrived at the bothy with wet feet around 11ish and got to work cutting wood, the outside temperature didn’t really warrant a fire but I thought it would clear the room of midges, plus I’m rubbish at lighting fires so need the practice.

Supper
    Evening

woke to a stunning morning, made a brew and started cutting the wood that had been left by passing travelers. More often than not I use the bothies for a single night, passing through trying to not leave a trace but never really stopping to give anything back, It was nice to spend a lazy morning drinking tea, cutting wood and watching the day go by. Chatted to a few passing walkers exchanging stories and trying to piece half story’s I’d heard a while ago to the new updates.

Pile.
    Wood

Swept and left around 2ish and made my way back along the track, took a weird way back along the road around the reservoir but then cutting into the forestry at Cwm Henog to take the nice rutty bridleway track to the old Cynannt farm, nice place for a wild camp when the midges have calmed down.

Dolgoch ex YHA hostel and still home to the 90 year old ex warden
    Dolgoch
    Tenner a night comfatable digs. Elenydd-hostelshttp://www.elenydd-hostels.co.uk/hostels/dolgoch/index.html

Llyn Brianne.
    Llyn Brianne

Glad I chose a quick way home as the bike stared to fall to bits on the way back, I’ll just walk next time.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Looks a lovely trip. Solo? Even better.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Fridays trip’ is closed to new replies.