Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Friday (potentially) silly project
  • DT78
    Free Member

Day dreaming on the commute.

I would like to set up a simple thief catching trap in the garage.

What would I need?

Detection wise I have a camera which notifies movement and a app to view.

Current idea is some sort of large net suspended from the ceiling over a key area with some sort of ability to remotely trigger from phone. A bonus would then being able to remotely trigger a bloody loud alarm and maybe a strobe.

So, what do I need to make this happen? This will be a diy project so let’s say budget in the region of £250?

Ideas?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This needs MOAR trebuchet.

cranberry
    Free Member

Honeybadgers, this project NEEDS honeybadgers.

DT78
    Free Member

I like the idea of honeybadgers.

Could have a small cage which I could keep very hungry honey badgers in, remotely open it once the net has been triggered….

nickc

surely it needs to be stealthy…poison darts?

kayak23

thenorthwind

I like the way you went from a simple trap to one that needs software in three lines.

stumpy01

Surely a trapdoor that opens onto a pit full of running chainsaws would be ‘appropriate’ measures….?
    If it made a nice belching noise shortly after opening, that would be a bonus…

allthepies
    Free Member

Used Russian industrial CO2 laser off ebay, a PIR detector and a heavy duty relay switch.

Job done.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Could have a small cage which I could keep very hungry honey badgers in, remotely open it once the net has been triggered….

And the honey badgers chase the thieving scrote in to the trebuchet.

Which flings him in to the pit of rotating knives.

andytherocketeer

Explosives and permanent purple dye.

mogrim

A falling net is a bit crap, couldn’t you suspend a grand piano or anvil in true ACME style?

cranberry
    Free Member

And the honey badgers chase the thieving scrote in to the trebuchet.

how about …the trebuchet fires the scroate *towards* a pit of honeybadgers – imagine the anticipation as scumbag works out where he’s going to land.

And Mr and Mrs Honeybadger and the kids aren’t going to be happy having a scroate almost landing on them – they are going to be unhappy.

milky1980
    Free Member

Two small cannons, just a basic pair of drainpipes powered by an air compressor should suffice. Think potato cannon. One filled with a watered down sticky substance, the other a metric tonne of glitter. Easy enough to arrange a mechanism that sets it off when someone opens the door far enough and have a way of deactivating it by opening the door a small amount then pulling a lever or switch hidden within reach but not eyesight. Or if you want to get really techy set up an old PI with an app to remotely arm and deactivate.

Your camera should provide a satisfying record of the ensuing event.

bigrich

big spike laden pit. collapsing floor, old carpet tiles that you have to stand on certain ones or you fall to your doom.

nickc

2 unsuspecting Malaysian women, a couple of handkerchiefs, and some “chemicals”

funkmasterp

Simple? Big, mean dog

thomthumb
    Free Member

fish traps work because they get in but can’t get out.

You need someway of blocking the exit.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Trapping unsuspecting men in your “garage”?

You are mrsfry and I claim my five pounds.

submarined
    Free Member

There’s categorically no way you could contain a honey badger in a mere mortal built garage.
    [video]https://youtu.be/c36UNSoJenI[/video]

franksinatra

This has the potential to go seriously wrong when Mrs DT78 pops out into the garage for something. Luckily it will be caught on camera though so all good

spawnofyorkshire

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Friday (potentially) silly project’ is closed to new replies.