Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Friday fun, mistakes in films.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Watched The Bourne Ultimatum lastnight at one point they mentioned 334 Calle Norte, Madrid. While recognising some of the locations in Madrid I thought I’d Google 334 Calle Norte. The street exists, well Calle del Norte, but no 334.
    First Google page found this rather long list of mistakes.
    Films and continuity problems/mistakes, what have you got?

(The fun part isn’t guaranteed btw).

Happy Friday.

Jamie
    Free Member

They probably used a fake address on purpose, for the same reasons they always use fake phone numbers…..to stop nutters trying to ring/visit/google them 8)

Milkie
    Free Member

donsimon
    Free Member

I realise that, the link brings up all sorts of continuity issues. And I’ve just found, Jamie, that your IP address is…… 😉

maccruiskeen

Non-existent addresses are deliberate, like the phone numbers starting 555 in Hollywood movies.EDIT JAmie beat me to it EDIT Its so people don’t ring the number or rock up at the address and ring the bell. When I do work for film or TV a lot of the work the art dept do is checking that names, address, and things in the script don’t really exist. The graphics guys have to make fake beer labels, food packets, street signs, fake websites and fake search engines viewed in fake web browsers on fake operating systems and there are agencies who’s job it is to check that the fake things we make up don’t actually exist somewhere.

Continuity errors aren’t deliberate but sometimes they are left in if the action is good enough that the viewer won’t notice. There’s an episode of My Name is Earl where his ex wife is having a drunken rant in the bar. There is a pitcher of beer on the table and it dances all around the table throughout the scene. In this case the performance was ace, but the you couldn’t help notice the jug hopping around the table too, but that made the scene even funnier.

Some deliberate falsities too. A character names or address or places will be chosen because they are a googlewack, googling them will only lead to references to the film

Jamie
    Free Member

I realise that, the link brings up all sorts of continuity issues. And I’ve just found, Jamie, that your IP address is…..

My movie IP is 256.6.134.256

Cougar

The stormtrooper banging his head on the blast door in Star Wars still makes me giggle.

bikebouy
    Free Member

In the file The Great Escape there is a Helicopter in the background where whatshisname jumps the fence on that motorbike thingy..

cranberry
    Free Member

Geeky:

Ice Cold in Alex – set in ’41/42 ? In the final scene in the background there is a time travelling Land Rover ( first made in 1948 ).

willard

The helicopter in Where Eagles Dare is one that was used extensively in the Korean War. Always makes me laugh when I try to rationalise that with Nazis in the early forties.

maccruiskeen

My favorite blooper is in Twin Peaks. The camera accidentally caught a reflection of a guy from the art dept in one of the scenes. Rather than re-shoot the scene Lynch wrote the guy into the story, so Bob is a set dresser and he, and his character are in the series completely by accident.

hels
    Free Member

The entire movies Aliens 3 and 4.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Any scene where there is someone smoking. The cigarette will constantly change length when shot from different angles.

stumpy01

I heard that in Laurence of Arabia in one of the scenes a Land Rover can be seen on the distant dunes – not seen it myself though.

In Spiderman, when he’s testing out his new web skillz in his bedroom, he breaks a lamp. Aunt May (I think that’s her name) shouts upstairs what’s going on and when he goes over to the door, the lamp is back in it’s original place, unbroken.

nedrapier

A friend of mine from school runs that movie-mistakes website.

Funny kind of a job, but plenty to like about it, very much his own boss, works when he wants, gets on the bike when he fancies…

arrpee
    Free Member

Star Wars again:

Luke very clearly calls Leia “Carrie” when he climbs out of the X-wing at the end. Think they fixed it in the remastered version.

While we’re at this, what about the deliberate insertion of dodgy content into Disney movies? I’d dismissed this until being shown the preist’s sudden and undeniable erection in The Little Mermaid…

wwaswas

Stormtrooper bangs head on door;

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBQaLuqwtl8[/video]

In The Full Monty, the guys are watching a film of someone welding, I think it’s the girl in Flashdance, when one of them says she’s using too much acetylene.
    She’s arc welding. 🙄

I was going to report this on IMDB, but someone beat me to it.

Harry_the_Spider

There are rubber ducks visible on many of the sets in Corronation Street. I know the guy who puts them there.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter

DezB
    Free Member

The end of Heat.

molgrips
    Free Member

You could do this all day, and it would not be much fun. For example, in the film Cats and Dogs (yes, I know, someone else bought it for my daughter, I never would have) you see the dog doing something and it’s a girl – next shot 2 secs later the dog is clearly a boy.

Do I feel like a member of some inner circle of special knowledge now? Of course not, I know full well that they sometimes use whole litters of puppies for these kinds of films to make it easier.

derek_starship
    Free Member

My fave and most blatant blooper is the yellow Porsche 911 in Commando. It rolls and is badly beat up down one side. IN the next scene, it is driven away in pristine condition. Bodywork fairies….

z1ppy

DezB – Member
    The end of Heat.

+1

DezB
    Free Member

The street exists, well Calle del Norte, but no 334

Don Simon – did you realise Jason Bourne is actually played by an actor? 😉

sslowpace
    Free Member

2001, Cavemen. Car on the horizon.

It’s like the arrow in the FedEx logo, once you know it’s there…

samuri
    Free Member

My movie IP is 256.6.134.256

/geek

My IP address is 127.0.0.1. I bet you can’t hack your way into that. Give it your best shot.

Helios
    Free Member

DezB – Member

The end of Heat.

Having not watched it for a few years – I’m trying to work out what’s wrong with it?

organic355
    Free Member

[quote]It’s like the arrow in the FedEx logo, once you know it’s there… [/quote]

i had to google that..

falkirk-mark

In the original Italian job the mechanic is under the back of the mini looking at the diff (word has it he went on to open kwik fit)

donsimon
    Free Member

Don Simon – did you realise Jason Bourne is actually played by an actor?

NOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! 😥

RealMan
    Free Member

The entire plot of Hanna.

49er_Jerry
    Free Member

Top Gun

A couple that I can remember off the top of my head.
    1. At ‘Codename Charlie’s’ house during Mav’s first date, the level in the bottle of wine goes up before it goes down.
    2. My personal favourite, during one of the take-off sequences at Miramar, the port and starboard lights on the wings are reversed.

DezB
    Free Member

Having not watched it for a few years – I’m trying to work out what’s wrong with it?

I haven’t watched it for years either because I remember the ending being shit and ruining the whole film. Something to do with the plausibility of it.

Helios
    Free Member

Ahhh… I thought you meant there was a plane landing backwards or something… It is all a little bit rubbish with them conveniently running into each other and ending up in some magical land of ISO containers where they can run about while planes land… The rest of it is good… (except maybe where they sit and have a nice coffee and a chat…)

Daniel
    Free Member

There’s a Landy at the end of 633 Squadron too.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

That bit in lord of the rings where the elf man swings himself up onto the horse, it defies physics.

oxym0r0n

The Goonies!

At the end Data talks about a massive octopus, which I think was in the original take but left on the editing floor. They obviously forgot to edit out him talking about it…

RealMan
    Free Member

That bit in lord of the rings where the elf man swings himself up onto the horse, it defies physics.

FTFY.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not the only thing that defies physics, is it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Friday fun, mistakes in films.’ is closed to new replies.