Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Friday film guilty pleasures poll
  • IHN

Go on then, what are the films that you love, that you probably shouldn’t.

For me, you can’t beat a trip to Fat Sam’s Grand Slam 🙂

Remember, anybody who is anybody will soon walk through that door…

geetee1972
    Free Member

There’s only one aspect of that film that would be classed as a ‘guilty pleasure’ and she’s stood between Fat Sam and Charles in Charge 😳

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

IHN – that you back from france then?

IHN

IHN – that you back from france then?

Nope, it was watching it on the ferry that got me thinking.

Solo
    Free Member

I like many films. But heres some Friday fun, may be.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=f8Ptr6Mddk8&vq=small#t=107[/video]

2tyred

Nothing at all guilty about Bugsy Malone!

I genuinely love Four Weddings and a Funeral. This often provokes surprising reactions in people. I don’t care, I think its brilliant and I’m the worst kind of pretentious arthouse film snob. 😀

Either that or Coming To America for me. Pinnacle of Eddie Murphy’s career IMO, including his standup. The barbershop boxing debate makes me laugh uncontrollably.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

I really love all the John Hughes “brat pack” films from the mid 80s. Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, Ferris Bueller etc. Saw them all at the cinema first time around with my mates and they really struck a chord with us all. Not because our lives were anything remotely like those of the characters in the films (far from it), but because they seemed to be fairly insightful about being a teenager around that time.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I believe that great comedy ended with Beverley Hills Cop 😳

I know, I know…I’m as wrong as a wrong thing in wrongville.

Also, FWAAF +1 (but I don’t think this necessitates any feelings of guilt does it?)

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Beverly Hills Cop was great. Still cracks me up. Also liked the first Lethal Weapon 😳

igrf
    Free Member

In no particular order, I love them all, the Mrs thinks I should be more grown up.

Waynes World
    Waynes World 2
    Blues Brothers
    Dude Where’s My Car
    Drop Dead Gorgeous
    American Pie
    Hangover
    Old School
    Zoolander
    Anchorman

Guilty pleasure, will watch them again and again and…

IHN

Blues Brothers deffo

I was hugely underwhelmed when I eventually saw Anchorman (last year)

boxfish
    Free Member

Under Siege

“But what would be the consequences of those missiles dropping on Honololu?”
    “Approximately one million people will reach ten thousand degrees Farenheit in less than a second”

Awesome.

Solo
    Free Member

I believe that great comedy ended with Beverley Hills Cop Building inspector

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVKbU0R4ygg&feature=player_popout[/video]

spawnofyorkshire

@IHN you need to watch Anchorman a couple of times to build up the appreciation, i wasn’t that fond first time i saw it but now think it’s brilliant

LOUD NOISES

My two guilty pleasures are Blade and Blade 2. A lot of fond drunken memories of watching them at 3am when back from a night on the pop with my mates at uni

BoardinBob

Dirty Dancing

There aren’t enough red faced smilies in existence to excuse that one

RustySpanner

Dumb & Dumber.

The Muppet Movie.

And pretty much all of the above, apart from Under Seige 😀

flippinheckler
    Free Member

My favorite at the moment is Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, I like it so much I rented the whole Swedish trilogy excellent and very gripping.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member
    Dirty Dancing

There aren’t enough red faced smilies in existence to excuse that one

PMSL

emsz
    Free Member

Imagine Me and You

It’s a ridiculously soppy romcom, watched it sooo much i can quote nearly all of it and it still reduces me to floods everytime I watch it.

Lush

zbonty

Flash Gordon!

I was trying to describe Ming’s (hot) daughter to a colleague earlier and a quick search brought up a Princess Aura appreciation thread on here!

wallop

Star Trek!

Daniel
    Free Member

Hunt for Red October
    Robin Hood with Kevin Costner
    Four Weddings

tang
    Free Member

Plenty of the above have nothing to be guilty about. I seem to have a soft spot for rubbish US films flimsily based around the armed forces. Top Gun, Officer and a Gentleman, the submarine ones. Utter utter rubbish but I can watch them…more than once.

lambchop
    Free Member

Dune and Chronicles of Riddick, both got panned by the critics but I love ’em both.

RustySpanner

Oh, Sliding Doors too, which EVERYONE appears to hate.

Not proud, but what can you do?

IHN

I like Sliding Doors too. But then I *heart* Gwyneth P *swoon*

rogg
    Free Member

My favorite at the moment is Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Surely the only way this is a ‘guilty pleasure’ is if you actually are a serial killer?

grievoustim
    Free Member

I watched Taken the other day with Liam Neeson for what must be the third or fourth time.

It is ridiculous, and xenophobic (us girls travel to Europe and are sold into white slavery within minutes), and really quite racist

But I love it

Bryan: I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don’t have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
    Marko: [after a long pause] Good luck.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Bad Taste
    Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo
    American Graffiti
    The Three Amigos
    Breaking Glass
    Scum
    Sponge Bob the Movie

All I will happily watch many, many times although they are a bit old or tacky or whatever.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Not sure if it qualifies as a guilty pleasure, but I love Black Rain and have watched it countless times. Probably not Ridely Scott’s most acclaimed movie, but I think Michael Douglas (I know!) and Andy Garcia make a really good team.

Oh, and the preponderance of muchos bike action probably appeals as well.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95-bc1DZovg[/video]

Perhaps not the most politically correct film either, but it’s my go-to film when Mrs Geordie makes herself scarce.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Not sure if it qualifies as a guilty pleasure

Black Rain! I can reassure you here, I’d be very ashamed of myself if I was you 🙂

theotherjonv

Just bought American Pie reunion. That’s fun.

camo16
    Free Member

Nothing guilty about this – its a bona fide classic!

craa22uk

Airplane!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqtNxNRCcGg[/video]

Once you start the giggles with this one it doesn’t stop, class.

igrf
    Free Member

camo16 – Member
    Nothing guilty about this – its a bona fide classic!

Point Break if there is any guilt it’s not watching it with total joy (although there are a few cringe moments round bonfires and at parties) ‘Cut my first tube’ is the classic delivery at exactly the right moment in all cinema history. Required viewing in GRF Towers, all must stay silent.. Classic movie, so classic it’s now our address here… That and also what it is..

martinhutch

Can’t beat a bit of Nic Cage doing his anguished hero bit in Con Air, and The Rock, both of which are brilliant on a number of levels, none of them highbrow.

Oh, and any of the Die Hards, in a similar vein.

PMK2060

Forrest Gump – far fetched and typically American but also a great movie.

Superbad – i should be too old to enjoy this type of movie

Harris
    Free Member

Notting Hill.

IGMC

hairyscary

Stardust.

It makes me feel happy 😳

bencooper
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Goj3RGld4mI[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2XlKqCTXFg[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Friday film guilty pleasures poll’ is closed to new replies.