• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by br.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • frickin, brake pads don't last 5 minutes !!!!!!!!
  • oldfart

well about 600 miles anyway .new ones put on end of may/june time and they have had it .well front ones might have hung on a bit longer but with stw ride next week thought better get them as well .they were organic so am now going sintered .question i had a new pair of organic so put them on and going to get sintered for front .but got me thinking should i keep the organics for better weather !!!!! or use em as i've got em here ?

oldfart

i agree with bobsoff2 twas the quantocks ride yesterday that finished the buggers off !though mine do seemed to have lasted a bit longer !

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I went through four sets a few years back in one winter up Cannock chase. Thats not to mention the chains, chain rings, cassettes and jockey wheels.!

Some places are harder than others on parts.

zaskar
    Free Member

What better weather???

I would use metal pads or a combo-metal on teh back and organic on the front.

Need more power on sintered pads? get a bigger disc!

oldfart

zaskar yeah better weather indeed .i meant a day when i doesn't actually rain !like the pick n mix combo .

nonk
    Free Member

not this guys. tj will pounce on this thread in no time.

tazzymtb

I'd use the organics but do the fast pedal/stoppy thing a good few times to make sure their propperly seasoned before using in winter slop. I remember seeing a mate who always said that brake pads dont't need to be "broken in" go fromm new pad to metal in less than 1 ride in cannock slop. I had the same pads that I'd followed the manfuacturers guidance and lots of pad left (they lasted a full winter on the chase with 3 night rides a week) 😀

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

600 miles is brillient…mine do about 100…but depends on were u ride and how u ride?

mboy
    Free Member

Was gonna say that 600 miles on a set of Resin pads is mighty impressive in this country!

The thing is, you can ride all summer and barely wear your brake pads at all, but one muddy/sandy ride (a la Swinley the other week) can kill a set of brake pads in a couple of hours!

Save the resin pads for summer use, when you'll actually get some value out of them. Cos if you pop them in now, you'll only be buying some new sintered pads in a week or 2 anyway to replace the worn out resin pads again!

br
    Free Member

Yesterday my pads were half-life, installed mid-ride (just above the Kinder Reservoir) in June, they'd done about 1000 miles – and were replaced today mid-ride (top of the Roman Road)…

Down to the metal, sintered too, after a couple of downs.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘frickin, brake pads don't last 5 minutes !!!!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.