Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Fresh oysters. Describe the taste.
  • benz
    Free Member

I don’t mind an oyster, but don’t know if I really, really like them or think I should like them.

However, having had some Morcombe Bay and Lismore ones for lunch the other day ( Morcombe ones were much plumper) I wondered if I could describe the taste.

So….salty, fresh, slight smoke. Taste of the sea. My wife suggested “Like cold, wet salty bogies”.

So…..how would you describe them?

yossarian
    Free Member

Disgustingly vile, salty, retch inducing cold lump of sputum

colournoise

Bizarrely addictive, salty, savoury slime.

Drac

Salty with a mild fish taste lovely with fresh lemon and tabasco. I’m off up the West Coast of Scotland soon I’ll be enjoying the fresh ones when up there.

bearnecessities

Elephant spunk.

Damn that Nellie and his lies.

daftvader
    Free Member

Salt water flavoured snot.

teethgrinder

At a guess…

pedropete

Taste of the sea. Once described to me as like licking snot off the back of a tortoise. I quite like them.

bruneep

A bit like this

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl_cl-7fsEM[/video]

dudeofdoom

I tend to have mine in Brussels an they do them in beer an they don’t taste bad… fishy beery….

Although I think I’d rather choose a crepe or waffle tbh wiv choc an bananas 🙂

ninfan
    Free Member

fishy Seawater with the consistency of a large blood clot

matt_outandabout

Salty snot.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Not a lot tbh. Had them once in the us as they were only 50cents each. Could not see what the fuss was about.

jambalaya
    Free Member

They do taste of the sea and IMO are best eaten within sight of where they were caught. To be honest like them best with vinegar and shallots which is mostly then what they taste of much in the same way that snails taste of parsley, garlic and butter

CountZero

Salty snot with added sand.

BillMC

Raw and unflavoured. They taste like the sea and they’re very good for the health. Win win.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Whatever happened to “only when there’s an R in the month?”
    No wonder they taste like bogies…

shermer75
    Free Member

Salty seamen

rickmeister

Product of a heavy bronchial infection, salted.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

They taste of the sea. I can take them or leave them. I mostly take them if someone else is buying.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

They are like concentrated essence of the pure sea! Remember when you were a kid – and you headed into the sea face first on a windy sunny summer’s day? All that salty spray driven freshness and deep green seawater loveliness, rinsing through your senses?

That’s what eating oysters is like – but in concentrated form. For me anyways…

Just don’t try the ones from Essex, or you will go down with Norovirus, like I’ve had (twice) :-/

jimmy

Ken when ye huv a cauld and ye snort up a big greenie?

oldnpastit

They are like concentrated essence of the pure sea!

Exactly this! They’re delicious!

fatmax

Cold jizz

unovolo
    Free Member

Personally I couldn’t give a monkeys what they taste like after seeing that PIC above there is no way I’d be putting that in my mouth, same goes for cockles, mussels ,tripe etc.

Drac

Cold jizz

I’ll take your word on that.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Seafood forms about 50% of my diet and I refused to eat them 😈

Drac

Well there’s plenty more fish in the sea.

Cougar

*polite applause*

BigJohn

I love oysters and I also spend a lot of time in the sea. (2 things not connected). I disagree that they taste of the sea. The liquor is only faintly salty.

I like them raw with lemon juice, and/or tabasco, chopped shallot and vinegar, salt and pepper and other trimmings – not all at once though.

They’e also lovely grilled.

I also disagree that the seaside “smells of the sea”. What you can smell is rotting seaweed.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Fresh oysters. Describe the taste.’ is closed to new replies.