Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • French campsites like Keycamp etc. Any recommendations?
  • imnotamused
    Free Member

Going to drive to France in 4 weeks time for our family holiday, taking the ferry to st malo. We want to stay in one of those campsites where the tent is already erected, like keycamp for example, somewhere south of Brittany so we get slightly warmer weather.

We have a 3 yr old so are looking for a pool and playground etc.

There seen to be millions of campsite to choose from, can you recommend any?

Cheers.

Mike-E

We went with Keycamp to Camping des Menhirs in Carnac in June/July – stayed in a static caravan – would recommend.

Ed2001
    Free Member

I would recommend the vendee or gascony. A very good site in the vendee for younger children is camping Bel at La Tranche Sur la Mer. Nice quite small site close to the beach, small town and a big supermarket very much geared to the under 10s. There are lots of sites along the atlantic coast which offer good beach holidays and you should hopefully get reasonable weather.

giant_scum
    Free Member

We went with Siblu to St Brevin(just south of St Nazaire) it was ok, but we went to visit there other site at St Jean de Monts and it looked a lot better. Huge beach about a mile away and the town looks to have been done up recently. We will probably go there next year!

IanW
    Free Member

Brittany is ok but weather can be hit or miss, if you do stay there I would also recomend les menhirs or the grande metarie (not sure of that spelling).

Weve just come back but decided to go further south, I would really recommend st jean de monts, its a cyclist heaven with 500k of
    trails, great beaches and pretty reliable weather, try one of the siblu sites, les maison or something similar.

have a good un.

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

we stayed here not so long ago, can highly recommend it – Carnac is lovely.

http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=Campsites.ResortOverView&ver=1&Mastercode=339

rusky
    Free Member

We stayed here for a week in may http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=campsites.resortOverview&ver=1&MasterCode=134

Great for the kids.

Siblu sites are good too.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Castilles (sp) have some great sites

sc-xc

(just south of St Nazaire)

..and if you're near St Nazaire, you can go to the festival that they have in the port. Saw Sonic Youth there a couple of years ago for about 8 Euro 8)

lodious
    Free Member

I've stayed at 6 of the Eurocamp sites in France, never been to a bad one, so I don't think it's really worth making a specific recommendation, as I think they are all really good. They are not that cheap, and the holidays were hard work, but really enjoyed them.

grahamh
    Free Member

Try AlanRogers.com, used to be part of "French County Camping".

loddrik
    Free Member

Been to La Baume and plan to go back, superb for kids too if you can stomach the drive.

thejesmonddingo

I usually book direct with Yelloh http://www.yellohvillage.co.uk/
    loads of sites good facilities esp for the kids,mostly vans,but pre-erected tents on some sites.Trying a Siblu one this year at benodet.Can recommend Plymouth -Roscoff crossing to reduce drive in france,went to the Vendee the first time we went,250 mile drive from Cherbourg not recommeneded.
    Ian

imnotamused
    Free Member

Cheers all, loads of stuff to go on there.

higgo
    Free Member

We've just come back from the 'Orangerie du Lanniron' which is on the outskirts of Quimper (on the bank of the river Odet). Keycamp are on the site but we booked direct. It's part of the 'Castilles' group that paulosaxo recommends.

http://www.lanniron.com/index.php/en/

We really liked it and will go again next year. It's a small, relaxed site with facilities well-matched to the number of guests. On the plus side, it has a nice 'Aquapark' for the kids with waterslides 'n all which didn't get crowded like some we've been to. Be aware though that it's inland and a drive to the beaches.

If it makes it onto your shortlist email me (via profile) and I can give you a more detailed view.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘French campsites like Keycamp etc. Any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.