Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Freezers
  • cudubh

I need a new upright freezer for the garage. A chest freezer would get in the way of all the other stuff (bikes) in the garage and ultimately it needs to go into a utility room, when it gets built. The garage is unheated so needs to be able to withstand freezing temperatures. Until yesterday I didn’t realise normal ones couldn’t cope with low air temperatures. It doesn’t need to be silly big, there are just two of us. Any recommendations or experiences?

toys19
    Free Member

Just lobbed a beko one, would randomly defrost itself every few months. Effing annoying. So avoid them..

In one of my student houses I have a 10 year old bosch upright fridge freezer that is still going strong despite legions of thick teenagers and early 20’s morons abusing it.

andyl
    Free Member

Bosch for me too.

cudubh

I saw a Beko one in Comet yesterday. It was significantly less expensive than other brands. It looks like there may be a reason for that. Will look at Bosch options.

swampi
    Free Member

i am just about to buy a large upright freezer for my garage..from all the blurb beko have been the only ones that i have found to be rated for outside temps( -15 according to blurb) chest freezers all seem to be rated for unheated room/garage use

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I have a Beko one in my office, which is over 6 years old and hasn’t missed a beat, on the other hand at home I had a Bosch that lasted about 2 months until it was condemned by the manufacturer and a refund was given.

sadmadalan

We have a Beko upright fridge/freezer in the unheated garage which is rated down to -15 C. So far no problems (had for about 18 months). Not hugely expensive either

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member
    bigG
    Free Member

Recently bought a Beko tall freezer from Comet to live in our shed because most freezers aren’t designed to work outdoors. The BEKO kit is guaranteed to work down to an external temp of -15c and in the sales blurb specifically mentions being designed to work in unheated outbuildings.

From what I understand you need to avoid fridge freezers with only one thermostat as they can be confused by the variance in external temperatures that can be found in a garage.

Ps the Beko we bought is an A rated unit for energy consumption.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Freezers’ is closed to new replies.