Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Freesat Users – Which box?
  • Alphabet

Having given notice to Sky at the weekend I need to buy a Freesat box for when we get cut off in 30 days time.

I’d like to be able to pause and rewind live telly, record one channel while watching another and series link recordings etc. Basically everything my Sky+ box does.

Are the Humax boxes the best on the market (they seem to be the most expensive) or should I be looking at other makes?

Also what can I do with a wifi enabled box that I can’t do with a box that’s not connected to the Internet? Is it just for catch up services like iPlayer, 4OD etc as I already have a Chromecast which lets me watch these on the big telly.

Ta for any replies.

tonyd

No idea on the Sky+ functionality but we bought a Humax freesat box 6+ years ago and it’s still going strong. It just has a wired ethernet connection, no hard drive etc, but they weren’t available then.

benw
    Free Member

Hi Alphabet
    I am a sat installer and always recommend Humax to my customers,they are a really good quality product and an easy to use menu which the cheaper ones seem to lack.Plus they work of a weak signal not that it should affect you in the uk if thats where you live.yes you can series link,rewind etc..

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Bought a Humax box last year for around £200 with 500gb memory; freesat channels, On demand stuff and YouTube app. Quite happy with it and the user interface too. One odd thing though is that on the HD and playback the volume control for the box doesn’t work.

kjcc25
    Free Member

I’ve had a Humax box for about four years now and no complaints, other than the TV guide is a bit slow. I think they are all the same regarding the volume control and HD, mine certainly is.

oxym0r0n

Humax ben working well here for 2 years. We got 6 months free unlimited broadband with John Lewis when we bought it, which was helpful

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Freesat Users – Which box?’ is closed to new replies.