Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Freesat any good?
  • bruneep

anyone use it?

Comments good or bad please

mikewsmith
    Free Member

if all you want is digital without needing a good aerial than yes

allthepies
    Free Member

Watching the triffids thing on Freesat HD currently. Gets my vote!

andrewh
    Free Member

It's less bad than a Sky subscription, but only in that it's free.

Chase
    Free Member

Got a TV with Freesat and Freeview in it. The only real advantage over Freeview is the HD options that the Beeb and ITV offer.
    There are a few channel differences too – some on freeview aren't available on freesat and vica versa.
    Obviously you need a dish too which is more expense. I cancelled our Sky subscription years ago but our old Sky dish does the job.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Was on a BBC transmitter site last week in Cumbria and they are getting ready to switch HD on!

uplink
    Free Member

I personally think there's going to be a lot of problems with Freeview HD – I just can't see how they have enough bandwidth for a decent level of error correction – I'll reserve judgement though

Freesat is pretty good IMO – BBC are about to go live [currently in Beta test] with the iPlayer over it
    Make sure you can get something that can handle this & similar, which is bound to follow soon

mark.laird
    Free Member

I've got a Humax Freesat HD for sale, as new £80 posted

LittleTones
    Free Member

I got Freesat as I live in an area where freeview reception can be a bit ropey depending on the weather. I am assured that Freeview reception will be OK after switchover, so really it's only a temporary thing. I get BBC and ITV HD from it , but recent changes to the BBC encoders mean that the BBC 'HD' pictures can be barely better than BBC standard definition normal pictures. In terms of content there's numerically more channels, but you don't get channels like Dave, Virgin 1, Sky 3, Fiver, Five US and Quest which do have some good shows.

If you can get a good freeview signal, don't bother, otherwise go for it.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

mark.laird
    I've got a Humax Freesat HD for sale, as new £80 posted

Mark, can I have details of this please? Email in profile.

Cheers

Paul.

Ewan
    Free Member

No Dave 🙁 How are you going to watch top gear repeats? 😥

mark.laird
    Free Member

Sent Barney_McGrew

Pembo
    Free Member

Mark,
    If it doesn't work out with Barney McGrew please email me the details.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Freesat any good?’ is closed to new replies.