Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • (Freeride Pack) Alpine160
  • chris_mbuk
    Free Member

So… as i didn’t go for the alpines free ride pack when i first bought the bike as i didn’t have enough ££££ at the time would this be an ideal upgrade as a next “add on” to the bike to take some weight off ? i like the look of it too 🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

What is it exactly?

ashfanman
    Free Member

Nah. Assuming you’d be paying the £155 as listed on the site, and that you already have some pedals you like, I’d go for this instead:

BARS: Race Face SixC (725mm wide, 225g)
    £107.

STEM: Thomson Elite (c.160g)
    £52

Comes to roughly the same price, and both are lighter (and nicer, IMO) than the Sunline parts, if you’re looking to lose weight.

EDIT: Alternatively, you could get the three V-One bits for about £120: here, here, and here. 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

Or go for the Renthal stem as it’s about 50g lighter than the Thomson.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Or go for the Renthal stem as it’s about 50g lighter than the Thomson.

True, but it’s £20 more. I was trying to stick as close to the £155 freeride pack price as possible. Either way, there are plenty of options at that price.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

the sunline v-one stem is 144g anyway? lighter than the thompson

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

yeah they come to 120 quid that’s better than £155 but id be unsure on the sizes of the stem and handlebars, id have to go to my lbs and ask i guess

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A gussett staff stem is dead light and dead cheap. I have one and it seems good

ashfanman
    Free Member

the sunline v-one stem is 144g anyway? lighter than the thompson

That’s for the 50mm – it’s 173g for the 65mm. It seems they’re about identical weights, so just go on which one you like the look of better.

Or, if you want really cheap/light, how about £12.25 for 114g?

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

ok thx like i said ill prob just pop into my lsb anyway and find out

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘(Freeride Pack) Alpine160’ is closed to new replies.