Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Freehub help – Crossmax SX and DeeMax
  • stevied
    Free Member

Can someone confirm what freehubs I need for these wheels?
    Crossmax SX (like this):

DeeMax (like this):

I’ve got the ‘scream of death’ on the DeeMax and the Crossmax seem to be going the same way 🙁

onandon
    Free Member

Just buy the replacement bearing from hub Dr

stevied
    Free Member

The white plastic(y) piece?

Gnnr

Or you can buy an upgrade kit…
    I bought this one like this:
    http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/mavic-freehub-body-mtb-for-its4-before-2012-42663

Brings the wheels up to the current spec.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hold on a second, does that upgrade kit convert the 135×12 model to 142×12?

That could be a very significant development!

stevied
    Free Member

Ah, upgrade looks interesting. Currently running 135mm which, on the Deemax, has nuts but would like to run a 10mm QR and thinking of getting a new frame which is 142 x 12 so does that conversion kit do both? If it’s only 9mm qr I could bore out the caps to take a 10mm (or turn some new ones)

ninfan
    Free Member

Those older Deemax pictured need the FTSX rather than ITS4 free hub body – M40580 (cannot be made into 142 though)

Gnnr is right about the Crossmax SX09, the ITS4 axle design was changed so the original free hub body as fitted to the 09 no longer available, and that upgrade kit 30871501 will fit, works on both 135 and 142

Alternatively, if you’re canny, you can drift out the existing bearings in the Older ITS4 and they pop back in quite nicely with a vice as long as you don’t push them in too tight on the spacer… (Newer ones have a circlip in there too)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Freehub help – Crossmax SX and DeeMax’ is closed to new replies.