Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Free/cheep turbo trainer video's?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Anyone know of any good free ones? Seen a few £20 ones, but for that price I could get a months gym membership and go stare at ladies bottoms in the spinning classes.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

there’s a guy selling spinervals on ebay cheap (10-15quid), ships from denmark or somewhere. i’ve used him.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The Sufferfest about £9 per download at the moment – you won’t get better.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I’m about to try the sufferfest ones. They sound good, hoping they will see me through to the clocks changing when I shall emerge from the garage as a cycling god! As said above less than a tenner each, I’m happy to pay that.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Sufferfest is meant to be excellent, I need to pull my finger out and buy some

headfirst
    Free Member

I got and did my first Sufferfest last weekend – I went for ‘The Hunted’, with ‘online backup’ for a year it came to £12-13. It makes you work hard! I’ve since downloaded Angels but I’m not sure if I’m up to that yet!!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Angels is awesome, The Hunted is still my favourite though.

fontmoss
    Free Member

I was thinking about fightclub or revolver but might try the hunted. What’s the online backup?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“What’s the online backup?”

I assume its for when your wife accidently deletes the video off your PC 😈

I had Angles and I think it was The Hunted. Loved Angels, never really got in to The Hunted. Need to download them again now 🙁

Riofer
    Free Member

I got a couple of sufferfest vids a few years ago, I’m sure they were free to download back then. Anyway they are great “Heaven knows I’m miserable now” can be vomit inducing if i really go hard at it.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I was wondering the very same thign as the OP last night.

Do you need a HRM and Cadence sensor to get the best from these workouts or can you just merrily pedal your legs off?

mogrim

I’ve got Downward Spiral, it’s tough but not much tougher than a decent (RPM style) spinning class. As usual, it depends on how much you put into it. Definitely worth it if you planning on using the turbo, though.

phil.w
    Free Member

Do you need a HRM and Cadence sensor to get the best from these workouts or can you just merrily pedal your legs off?

The Sufferfest videos have the level you should be riding at on the screen (1-10). You can do them off percieved effort.

Though there is an excel file that will give you what your power output should be for each level – there different for each video. Obviously this only works if you have a power sensor.

Either way you’ll be pedalling your legs off. Merry? I doubt it. 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Free/cheep turbo trainer video's?’ is closed to new replies.