Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Freaking celebs – some of them are to do the inca trail
  • billybob
    Free Member

don't ask how I ended up on the mirror website, cos I'm not sure myself…

Details here

It's not a bloody challenge – its a holiday!!!!!

iDave
    Free Member

don't feed the animals

billybob
    Free Member

it'd be more of a challenge to get them to cook a meal for themselves or go shopping….

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don't get me started. I go off on this rant every time Ben Fogle or similar takes some bunch of idle slackers on the trip of a life time so we can all sit in front of BBC2 and listen to them whinge about how hard it is having to pt on foot in front of the other.

I'd love to take on these "challenges". It's certainly my kind of holiday.

grahamh
    Free Member

With luck they will get kidnapped by a group of militants, and never heard of again.

billybob
    Free Member

I was having a good Sunday til I stumbled across this… I'm going to have to go out on my bike now to cheer myself up!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Onzadog – Member

I'd love to take on these "challenges". It's certainly my kind of holiday.

get off your backside and do it then.

yunki
    Free Member

some people go on a very nice holiday and film it and make some money for a worthy cause and we watch it and or whine about it… err.. who's the wally in this equation?

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Oh well, at least it should raise some money for a worthy charity…

IdleJon

Ben Fogle is making a documentary about a marathon I'm running later in the month, and was seen in some woods locally on his MTB last week.

He gets everywhere……….you can't escape!

Onzadog
    Free Member

TJ, let me rephrase. I love these sorts of holiday. I do as much of this sort of stuff as I can afford. However, some of this stuff is financially beyond my reach. My point was, if I had the chance to do these things on someone else's coin, I wouldn't bleat about how awful and difficult it was.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

so we can all sit in front of BBC2 and listen to them whinge

When instead, we should be in sitting in front of our PCs and listening to a bunch of whingers who know how to whinge properly.

roper
    Free Member

At nearly 80 kilometres long, the group will average around 13k a day over hilly, rocky terrain.

LOL

Does anyone remember the program Beyond Boundaries?

http://www.diverse.tv/programme/Beyond-Boundaries-Nicaragua-2929.html
    A bit like the program above but with real people and achievement.

kimbers

having done this over xmas
    it was my honeymoon, so we could justify the expense
    well the point where you reach the sun gate overlooking macchu piccu is something else
    and the trail is busy but everyone has to use a local guide and even fat americans manage it

at times its insanely steep but the real challenge is the altitude varrying from 3000 to 4500m everything becomes a challenge we saw very fit experienced mountaineers drop like flies!
    and the trail is 40km unless they are hiking from cuzco, which i doubt

its for charity so its good
    and ive done it so it would be churlish to resent them for it
    but they are pretty vacuous
    either way its an amazing experience

iDave
    Free Member

celebrities are kept alive by the people who watch them and talk about them. your choice.

Clink

Does anyone remember the program Beyond Boundaries?

Yep – enjoyed watching that.

pinch_flat
    Free Member

I've nothing wrong with them raising the money for charity but the damage of their presence on the trail will be much greater than a normal groups impact. When I did the trail it was as a group of 13 people plus two guides but we had at least double the number of porters. This celeb group with their film crew and all the other tag alongs that they'll undoubtably need are going to have a massive impact on the area when each person has roughly two porters per person.
    There are two trails and the Peruvian authorities often close the classic trail for several months and use the alternative trail in order for the land and environment to recover somewhat. I would hope that they are put on the less used trail to minimise their impact but somehow I doubt it.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I love the way the sanctimonious rock up and have a go at them for having too much impact. Get a grip, I presume you took a long haul flight there too, great, WAY to look after the environment. At least through their charity they will give something back.

ianpinder
    Free Member

You guys are a bunch of jealous pillocks. It's not like it's our taxes paying for them to do it. They aised over £1.5 million for charity by climbing kilo, last year you winged that it was easy for them riding LEJOG and you could do it so much better, but you wouldn't of raised another £1.5 million doing. Get of your high horse, and when you quit writing stupid things on the net and do some charity work then I might take you seriously.

roper
    Free Member

….Get of your high horse, and when you quit writing stupid things on the net and do some charity work then I might take you seriously

You could try taking yourself less seriously.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

so we can all sit in front of BBC2 and listen to them whinge about how hard it is having to pt on foot in front of the other.

Sounds like it will be a great TV programme; a lot of fit birds wearing short shorts in the jungle. Marvellous!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Freaking celebs – some of them are to do the inca trail’ is closed to new replies.