Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • France – like Centre Parcs but not necessarily centre parcs
  • swdan
    Free Member

With everyone’s collective knowledge I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for holiday village type places in France in June?

I know the obvious answer is one of the French centre parcs but having read some of the reviews they sound like they’re a bit rough around the edges and in need of a tidy up. Has anyone been and and to offer some first hand experience? Failing that are there any other similar alternatives?

It’ll be me and my wife plus our by then 9 month old daughter so as long as we have a kids pool we can take the little one in we’ll be fine.I don’t think we need any of the other facilities.

Any first hand experience is much appreciated as hoping to make a decision soon.

Cheers, Dan

King-ocelot
    Free Member

France – like Centre Parcs but not necessarily centre parcs

You have found a 4th hole?

slowoldman

If you don’t need the rest of the facilities, most French municipal campsites have a pool.

swdan
    Free Member

I was wondering how long it would take to go all mumsnet. One post, well done sir 🙂

swdan
    Free Member

Understand what you’re saying about the pool but don’t really fancy camping. Would quite like to stay in a chalet or similar and am happy to have the other facilities and just not use them.

jon1973
    Free Member

Eurocamp

paule
    Free Member

Sunêlia are a chain of French holiday villages/campsites I can recommend. Interlude on ile de re is particularly excellen

redstripe
    Free Member

‘Domaines Des Ormes’ site near Dol De Bretagne was always pretty good when our kids were little, we booked through Canvas Holidays using mobile homes or wooden lodges there, it’s easy to get to via Cherbourg/Caen too

thejesmonddingo

I’d recommend either Sunelia or Yelloh,both have excellent sites with great facilities,just browse their sites.
    Ian

PePPeR

Best holiday weve ever had, not France but clean, tidy and wirh loads of stuff for kids to do.

http://www.duinrell.com/

wobbliscott
    Free Member

As a CP regular and a newcomer to the a French Eurocamp style holiday, the Eurocsmp thing is not quite the same. Yes the campsite had a great pool with slides and a lazy river but a whole order of magnitude different to the pool at CP. However, we had half decent weather, the kids didn’t care the pool was not as big as the CP one, they still spent the full 2 weeks in it, and there were plenty of things to do in the surrounding area. Similarly the static van was not in the same league as the CP villas, but it was functional, cosy and we spent all out time out and about (like we do in CP anyway) so it was perfectly functional for our uses. You fan posh up and get bigger and more luxurious vans, but Eurocamp is quite pricey anyway and you seem to pay a hell of additional premium for the bigger more luxurious vans.

You can book direct with the campsite to make it a bit cheaper if you have a campsite recommended, or I’ve been told that since the Dutch school holidays are slightly different to the UK ones you can book with a Dutch Eurocamp holiday company to avoid the school holiday premium if you week falls outside the Dutch school holidays.

swdan
    Free Member

As an update and following some research into all the above we decided to stay in the UK so have booked a week at Court Farm near Bude in Cornwall. Thanks for all the suggestions and hopefully we’ll try one of them out next year

Dan

iain1775
    Free Member

Would agree with Pepper
    Durinell is great

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘France – like Centre Parcs but not necessarily centre parcs’ is closed to new replies.