Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • France Help for New Member
  • thechiefy
    Free Member

Hi All

Need Help!! Me and 6 of my pals have rented a motor home for 10days to tour France as part of our 30th birthday celebration year, we’re all keen mountain bikers so are going to bring them along and intend on heading for Les Gets.

Couple of questions – Is Les Gets the place to be and as anybody has experience of using the “aire de service” facilities for motor homes in Les Gets?

The other question is – we have a mix of abilities is there going to be something for everybody there?

Regards
    Chief

nickc

Morzine is more lively in the evening than Les Gets, never parked a motor home there , but there’s plenty of camping facilities so you should be OK, I’d have thought.

The trails in the PDS area are really varied, from world cup down-hills to regular XC routes that aren’t massively different from a good days in the Peaks or Wales so you should be able to find trails to suit every sort of level TBH. I wouldn’t take a complete beginner there, but reasonably fit regualr mountain biker should love it.

richpips
    Free Member

I’ve not used the Aire in Les Gets, but ime you might struggle to get on there it’s only got 25 places.

thechiefy
    Free Member

Yeah I’d heard there were 25-30 spots only trouble is finding a decent well located campsite in Les Gets (there’s only one and it’s location isn’t great) So if Morzine is the place to be (nightlife is important to us) can anybody recommend a decent campsite in the area located within easy access for the evening activities?

richpips
    Free Member

Camping Les Marmottes
    5 mn away from MORZINE-AVORIAZ
    Phone / Fax : (33) 0 450 757 444 – GSM : (33) 06 12 95 00 48
    E-mail : contact@campinglesmarmottes.com

Not sure if the contact details are up to date, but book, don’t just turn up.

beanum

If you’re doing a tour of France you should look at stopping at Metabief either on the way to Les Gets or back… Assuming you’re heading down via Geneva it’s not much of a detour.. It used to be a World Cup downhill course back in the day and there are still good routes down from the chairlift (colour coded blue, red and black). You can get a days lift pass for 15€..
    Metabief VTT

There are some camping sites nearby too…
    Metabief Camping

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘France Help for New Member’ is closed to new replies.