Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • france
  • milkyman
    Free Member

i want to go to france with my bike, dont mind a bit[i] of up hill but just want to have a great time and a nice hotel etc so that my partner can chill during the day

i did go with bike village a few years back and that was ok, was fitter then

any ideas

mk1fan
    Free Member

Morzine would be the default answer. Plenty of non-biking stuff to get on with and a good mixture of trails from Dh through FR to XC.

Season might be over now though.

milkyman
    Free Member

i was thinking next year,

just want somthing that enjoyable, and good in the day for my partner

i dont mind down hill hard core just been before and some of them hills go on and on

i have to say bike village was ok but im no xc whippet, so i think i really chose the wrong company, but they were good

just looking for somthing a bit more relaxed etc

alexxx
    Free Member

about 12 degrees in Morz today – got my slippers out!

You’ve missed the season!

alexxx
    Free Member

Just seen your last post – (must have wrote it whilst doing mine)…. Morzine is probably the place still.

mk1fan
    Free Member

There’s plenty of places throughout the Alps but Morzine is the place to start.

Lots of well marked routes to choose from and plenty to do in the town. Ice skating, swimming, parascending, spa treatments, walking, drinking, eating. It’s like a proper town 😉

milkyman
    Free Member

thanks for that,

nickjb
    Free Member

Just to add… Morzine is great for non riders as you you can buy a pass for I euro per day that gives you free access to all the lifts (on foot, not with bike), swimming, tennis, ice skating, the road train, and a few more things I can’t remember. Its quite a pretty town, with good shops and resteraunts. Good lift assisted XC riding too. You still do a bit of up (enough to get awy from the downhillers) but loads of fun down bits.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘france’ is closed to new replies.