Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Frame Sizing? especially Santa Cruz
  • BluePalomino
    Free Member

There seems a fair bit of room for discrepancy in frame sizing – one brands small is nother brands medium etc.

Looking to buy a 2nd hand full suss frame soon, e.g. Santa Cruz Blur. Any ideas on whether Santa Cruz frames tend to be ‘on the small size’ or not. What other brands frames tend to be ‘small’? eg i allways find Commencal coming up small

cheers

neil853
    Free Member

I recently got a Blur LTc and got a Large, I would normally have got a medium but in SC the large fitted well.

lovewookie

I tend to ride large bikes, but SC I’d have an XL for the top tube. One reason I don’t like them is that it means having a 21″ seat tube which doesn’t suit my relatively squatty legs (unless I get a chameleon that is..).

nickc

5.10 I ride a large Chammy is that helps at all. Mate is 6 ft plus and rides a large Heckler…

that’s all the santa cruz riders I know, sorry

Zoolander
    Free Member

I’m 5-10 and ride a medium superlight and it fits like a glove with an inline post and 100mm stem. Tried a shorter stem and it felt way too short though

damo2576
    Free Member

5’11 on L Superlight, in line post and 80mm stem

portlyone

I’m 5’10 and ride a large Chameleon and Heckler. Both have shortish stems and feel fine.

wheelz
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and did ride a medium Blur LT, now riding a large Blur LT2. Not a massive difference if I’m honest, although the large does feel a bit more stretched out.

Blower
    Free Member

5ft11 with a medium heckler.fits perfect.

DT78
    Free Member

5 11 on a medium nomad, 65mm stem. still haven’t decided if I chose the right size 4 years on!. I think 5 10 – 6ft is right on the border between medium and large for SC. Best to try before you buy if you can.

I ride 18″ hardtails, with 80-100 stem.

Pauly

6′ 1″ and a medium VP-Free, large Blur 4X

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

5’8″ and ride a medium Blur LT2 with a 50mm stem. If you were 5’10” or more you would definitely want a large

julianwilson
    Free Member

5’11 on a large bullitt. I once tried a large blur xc with shortish stem and that was just right too.

rs
    Free Member

5’10” and ride a medium bullit, it actually felt long compared with a 17″ dialled alpine.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

to be fair SC have a pretty comprehensive size guide on their website. I’m 5’10 which is right on the upper limit for a medium according to the SC guide (Mk1 Nomad in my case) and mine fits perfectly to me, but then Ive settled on ~22.5″ toptubes as being right for me. My previous 17″/medium Kona Coiler had it, as does my 16″ On One 456.

Plenty of riders my height ride the large and like it. TT length is more appropriate to measure a frame fit than seat tube when you have a foot of seatpost to play with rather than at most maybe 2 inches of combined stem length/saddle offset. Standover height is also less determined by seattube length with swoopy top tubes (pretty sure the medium and large Mk1 Nomad had the same standover height, with the large having a swoopier top tube).

jad
    Free Member

5’10” on a medium Superlight. Plenty of post showing but not excessive. Reach also perfect.

Smarty
    Free Member

5’9 1/4″ (the quarter is important 😛 ) on a medium Superlight, inline post and 90mm stem, perfect fit.

neninja
    Free Member

A 5ft 8 mate has recently bought a Blur LT in medium and he usually likes smaller frames but the small Blur LT was way too short in the TT.

I’m 5ft 7 and it felt spot on for me size wise.

Jeffus
    Free Member

5ft 9″ had a Large Heckler always felt to tall, changed to a medium Nomad perfect good in every way, made a big difference to my riding,
    Riding an 18″ Orange 5 feels to long so will have to down size soon.
    16″ mmmBop is perfect I think 22.5″ TT suits me also. 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Frame Sizing? especially Santa Cruz’ is closed to new replies.