Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Frame Pumps – much of a muchness?
  • OCB
    Free Member

A First World Problem for sure, but … I’d like to get a long pump to sit under the top-tube of my road bikes (as shoving a mini-pump in/under my rackless bag proved to be too much of a liability today).

None of the frames have pump-pegs, so I’ll be relying on the slightly compressed pump spring holding it in place, but I’m relaxed about having a strap involved there too to help out.

As you’d probably expect, given the question 😉 the bikes are skinny steel tubed ‘day bikes’, all use presta valves of course, (so there’s no particular need for any compromised multi-valve-type malarkey).

Like their compact brethern, I’m assuming any decent long pump is fine … but is there anything else you can especially recommend / dissuade me from please. (I’ve got about 530mm space to sit it in, in case anything comes up in a particular size only, and I’d quite like something likewise skinny and in-keeping (ish)).

tomhoward

CO2 cartidges.

No need for pump then 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Nay, nay and thrice nay.

Carrying a pump under the top tube involves knocking it off every time you pick the bike up by the top tube. This is not a cool thing.

The cool answer is to buy a pump long enough to sit alongside the left seat stay. It wedges in at the seat tube/seat stay end, then the bottom end is held secure by the quick release.

crikey
    Free Member

Like this:

thomthumb
    Free Member

my topeak master blaster is lovely. much better than the 20 year old raleigh thing that came with my 20 year old raleigh.

I have no other experience though…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Frame Pumps – much of a muchness?’ is closed to new replies.