Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Frame protection options: Rockgardz
  • colinpm1
    Free Member

Hi

This is on behalf of a mate. Has anyone tried one of these:

http://www.rockguardz.com/rockguardz/orange/five.html

Also, interested in other frame protection options to protect main frame and swing arm. What’s best and how easy are they to apply?

Cheers

nickjb
    Free Member

Is that seriously £35. An old tube and a few zip ties does the job for 3p

colinpm1
    Free Member

I did wonder, looks nice I suppose, if you like that sort of thing.

What about tapes? Seen some mention of heli-tape on here somewhere. Is this just basically sellotape for the frame?

covertbaz
    Free Member

I had one on my old Covert, really nicely made and if you like carbon….

It does say however on the instructions that no fixings are required, imagine my dismay on the first ride that it came off and I lost it! Fairplay however to Rockguardz who replaced it for no extra charge, I then used a few sticky pads to secure and had no further problems

fudge9202
    Free Member

Had one for my Sherpa frame lovely bit of kit and did stay on no trouble would buy another without hesitation but sadly none for my new Salsa Spearfish frame

colinpm1
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll pass it along.

My mate has just bought an Orange Alpine in Kermit Green so he’s looking for a bit extra protection for the paintwork. Not having any experience with Orange I’ve got no idea how robust their frame coatings are. I’m guessing like most manufacturers it fine until you smack it with a rock or the like!

chakaping
    Free Member

I had a secondhand bike with a couple of these bits on. Don’t really like the look myself and I don’t mind a dented downtube but the rockguard seemed pretty well designed and effective.

I went for Invisiframe instead on the next bike.

Did a write-up on it at the weekend actually…

Review: Invisiframe protection kit

nickc

I’ve got one on my carbon Yeti (a piece of old inner tube just wouldn’t do) fits nicely, edges are a bit raw, and I was slightly disappointed by that, but it suits the bike, and does what it’s supposed to do

blastit
    Free Member

When frames cost £1000 + 35 quid does not seem much for protection in a very vulnereble place.
    They make some very nice mudgaurds as well.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Inner tube, invisiframe or heli tape won’t stop a big sharp bastard lakes rock, rock guard does.

roverpig

I’m pretty happy with mine. Easy to clip on and off, but stays in place and does what it’s supposed to do.

rob2
    Free Member

I have one on my “the aluminium is incredibly thin and got a pointy dent near the bottom bracket from a rock in the quantocks” liteville 301.

Works so far and more piece of mind ! But yes, rudely expensive.

Mugboo

I’ve had one on my Mega for a couple of years, it’s not fallen off and looks like new.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Anyone with a Salsa Spearfish fancy allowing rockguardz to make a mould for us Spearfish owner’s

xcstu
    Free Member

Highly rated…. fitted one to my now old giant! Even added some decals to blend with the frame 🙂

superleggero
    Free Member

@xcstu – I like what you’ve done there. Top job.

pigeonthing
    Free Member

I have one on my 322…never once come off and has given plenty of protection to the bike…also covers the through frame shock mount on the frame so helps keep it crud free

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Frame protection options: Rockgardz’ is closed to new replies.