Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Frame order delayed again
  • bruders338
    Free Member

in January i placed an order for a Giant reign x to be delivered to my lbs on week 13 1st april but then got delayed until week 16 now its week 20..

extremely tempted to cancel and get another frame… but what?

i got all the other stuff ready for the build.
    135×12 rear wheel with ztr alpine and blue hope hubs
    zee groupset
    hope stealth m4
    etc etc

Shall i just wait?

Houns

Probably will be delayed and delayed until the 2014 range is out. Them you’ll find its nothing like the 2013 version

banks
    Free Member

Transition covert 😀

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The hope can be 142 if you need it to be, apart form that not much else would be specific.

kayak23

Mega. I went from a reign to one. May be cheaper now new one is around.

bruders338
    Free Member

i was thinking of a covert

legend
    Free Member

Why did you choose the Reign in the first place? If you like a virtual pivot setup then a Banshee Rune V2 could be right up your street!

bruders338
    Free Member

just got a good deal really..

honourablegeorge

ZTR Alpine – aren’t they rather light weight for a Reign X?

bruders338
    Free Member

did not realize with the ztr at first until it was too late

honourablegeorge

The name is a bit misleading, to be fair.

bruders338
    Free Member

to be honest im tempted to sell all the wheels etc
    and just start again.

i know i will loose out but im deflated that i have no decent bike.

only thing worth keeping are the handle bars (carbon answer) and the hope m4

neninja
    Free Member

I’d definitely sell the wheels and get some with ZTR Arch or Flow rims – Alpine are a lightweight XC/racing rim.

How about a Titus El Guapo – they seem to be great value frames and have similar attitude to a Reign.

bruders338
    Free Member

been looking about and i think the covert looking promising.

just one question my wheelset is a 135×12 and the covert is a 135×10 would i just need an adapter or is a new hub needed?

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I really fancy a covert but read a few reviews that said they had frame flex issues unless you got the carbon one ?
    Any actual real world experiences ?
    They look the dogs !!!

covertbaz
    Free Member

I have a Covert

Love it, no flex issues that I’ve noticed, takes everything I throw at it, very smooth and more refined than my previous Yeti 575

Actually bought on a whim after waiting so long for an ordered SB66 that never arrived, got fed up of waiting and picked the Covert up 2nd hand and haven’t looked back since! Love it so much, currently saving to get the Carbon version

covertbaz
    Free Member

If you wanna see pics of mine, check out my pinkbike profile yeti-baz (shame you can’t change your names)

banks
    Free Member

I really fancy a covert but read a few reviews that said they had frame flex issues unless you got the carbon one ?
    Any actual real world experiences ?
    They look the dogs !!!

I call bike radar bollocks.

I’ll get some pictures up – when i work out how to..

Get one – i got my 2011 frame for 700quid – would pay twice that. I’m also saving for a carbon one because they look the dogs and its the first carbon frame which feels solid – if you know what i mean.

I don’t ride anything else anymore – the jump bike, ht, bmx. Covert does them all so well, just need to decent forks now.

banks
    Free Member

IMAG0381 by rickbanks89, on Flickr

Pretty much it’s current form

stumpy01

Banshee Spitfire….?

bruders338
    Free Member

i quite like the rune now also… thing is i got to see if my lbs can get one as my cash is tied up there

legend
    Free Member

nonsense! They aren’t delivering so just get your money back and go elsewhere if you want

bruders338
    Free Member

im rubbish at asking for money back..and whats the rules anyhow? feel bad as its not the shop fault that giant are being a pain.

going to pop to bike tart tomorrow thou see what they have as im fed up not having a bike been too long

Rosss
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry about frame flex, my mate has one ans throws it around no issues at all.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Frame order delayed again’ is closed to new replies.