Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Frame fit bag for commuting use? suggestions/pics please
  • cookeaa

I need a frame fit bag I can leave permanently attached to my commuter, I want it to accomodate the following:

Need:
    2x 700c inner tubes
    1x multitool
    2x tyre levers
    1x 15/14mm open ended spanner (about 4.5″ long)

would also be nice:
    Keys
    work Pass on lanyard
    Wallet

I kind of like the idea of something long and thin either slung under or over the top tube, I’d consider a triangle pack or maybe a Gas tank type bag but something not too obtrusive that I can leave permanently attached with the tools and spares in, I’m really just after ideas at the minute I don’t want to spend a fortune either….

Show and tell please…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Try uraltour bags on ebay.

gazc
    Free Member

i have a revelate tangle bag. great bit of kit if a little pricey and may be too big. i fit in all of your stuff plus motane velo jacket/gilet, 2 magicshine batteries plus some food in mine! bare in mind clashes with bottles (if you run them) with the long under top tube design. i have to use 2 small bottles that fit under the bag in the down/seat tube bottle mout positions

MoreCashThanDash

Alpkit do them

rOcKeTdOg

Jandd frame bag is what you need

i have 2 tubes, multi tool, mini tripod, camera, sandwich, gilet/light jacket, wallet & phone in mine with no pedalling interference

http://www.jandd.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=FFP they do other styles too

TheBrick
    Free Member

Have you found anywhere in the uk that sells that jandd bag? I looked into getting one a few year ago but the massive cost after postage was added made it a no go.

rOcKeTdOg

i bought two bags in their sale, worked out to around £35 each posted & no customs fee

jameso

The cheap option – ‘Bushwhacker’ bags on ebay, £18 delivered. Material’s a bit thin but it’s ok for light use. Needs filling well or securing, or the end tt strap slides and it sags.

cookeaa

Hmm, cheers all, some useful suggestions

having gone through many online last night the best bet for my current needs looks to be one or other of the “Bushwhacker” products. they seem pretty competitively priced, and have a broad range to choose from, think I might end up giving one a whirl.

I’m liking This or This or This or This

All adequate in terms of volume I think just a question if which is most practical in terms of where it mounts on the bike, what it might clash with and leaving it on there long term…

but I’d say the “Reno” bar top mounted bag could be best as it allows me to carry on using a phone as a poor mans speedo, or should I acquire a garmin it could be shoved in there without the need for another mounting on the bars or it’s a neat little mini map pocket for other expeditions. plus it won’t clash with any bottles or pumps mounted on the frame.

Cheers all.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Frame fit bag for commuting use? suggestions/pics please’ is closed to new replies.