Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • foxrp23, anyone serviced ther own at home?
  • handyman
    Free Member

Hi has anyone on here serviced a fox rp23 at home, if so how hard was it thanks, and any tips to help me

takisawa2

I'm sure the only home servicable thing you can do is an air can service, as the damping circuit is charged with nitrogen.
    An air can service is very easy, did it on a Float but not an RP23.

coatesy
    Free Member

As above, air can service is a simple routine maintainence job, full service requires high pressure nitrogen charge an hypodermic needles amongst other things. Probably best left to the experts.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yes air can service is easy. Seal kit is about £10 and there's a good video on the fox site.

LoCo
    Free Member

As above Nitrogen charging needed and the damper seals too. I'll be able to service these as of next week we also have the seals in stock for the air can.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

How often should you get the nitrogen charged? Any obvious signs that it would need doing?

LoCo
    Free Member

Fox say every 200 hours for a full service, so all seals, oil and nitrogen charge. This usually equates to every 12 to 18 months. Signs that it needs doing are loss of damping, the shock 'squelching' (nitrogen in the oil due to blown IFP seal)or the shock leaking oil.
    Different shocks put more or less force on the seals so may need servicing more regularly, but oil being 'worked' will loose it's effectivness slowly so the decrease in the performance over time may not be that apparent.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Great, thanks

handyman
    Free Member

Thanks LoCo my is starting to go squelch so it time for a full service i guess, its about 19 months old

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘foxrp23, anyone serviced ther own at home?’ is closed to new replies.