Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox X2, does your squelch for the first few cycles?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps

I bought a used X2 as a stop gap while my monarch plus is being replaced under warranty.

It is noisy for the first few cycles, but pretty normal after that. Normal cavitation that I’ve experienced has been noisy all of the time, and felt poor.

Is this normal for the X2? Or is it just the early stages of cavitation?

I popped open the can this evening to discover the previous owner had cut up an inner tube to use as volume spacers, which hadn’t gone well. They’d started to degrade. Top tip – don’t skimp on the pennies it costs for volume spacers and use random shit in your spares box in your £500 shock!

Cheers

Ricks

singlespeedstu

No squelching on mine.

SirHC

No squelching on mine

mickmcd
    Free Member

we have one on each corner and no squelching whatsoever

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

You can hear the oil flow in air forks, some are quite sqoooshy loud!

All the air shocks I’ve seen/heard have been pretty much silent.

rickon
    Free Member

Awesome. Oh well, I should know better than to buy secondhand shocks. Off to the service centre for an oil change. Just hope the inner tubes didn’t degrade too much o destroy the seals.

butterbean
    Free Member

Every X2 i’ve ridden if you are somewhere quiet makes some noise after the initial movement of travel. It’s the oil moving through the valves.

THat’s from brand new shocks on brand new bikes to absolutely hammered Demo 8’s.

Only had one cavitated on a Demo 8 & it sounded awful, and literally felt like a pogo stock.

I wouldn’t worry, assuming you haven’t mentioned about how it feels, it’s fine?

spacehopper

could it be the air transfer port from the positive to the negative air chamber being a bit blocked and getting float fluid stuck in it?

which would then squelch for the first few cycles then go away..? i had an old RP23 do this..

might be worth a quick air can service before sending it away? (it fixed my RP23)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox X2, does your squelch for the first few cycles?’ is closed to new replies.