Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox Vanilla servicing – advice please
  • keppoch

Hi,

The last time I rode my bike with Fox Vanilla on the front there was quite a lot of oil on the stanchion. Not just the sort of amount that normally comes out. Therefore I am assuming the oil seals have given up.

The forks are not the newest so I am ruling out a Mojo service and guessing that doing it myself is the best move.

I guess I will need oil, dust seals, foam rings and wiper seals. Anything else.

Which suspension oil is best/cheapest and availible in a non-massive quantity (as I will probably replace the forks before servicing them again).

Where is the best place to get all the bits?

As for doing the job is the guid on enduro seals the best? Seems to be a lot of kerfuful with a ratchet strap at the bginning for some reason.

Or is there a bargain service centre I should send them off to and save myself the hassle?

Any advice?

keppoch.

wonnyj
    Free Member

I just serviced my fox rl’s yesterday. Bought all the bits direct from mojo but I’m sure you can get similar oil cheaper elsewhere. They foam rings are supposed to come with a “pillow pack” of float fluid that is a gloop that lubes the foam rings. Mine didn’t come with that though.

Also remember all the servicing info is also linked off the mojo site.

keppoch

Cheers wonnyj I think I will scope the internet for the best prices. I reckon it is still going to be £40 to do the job though.

keppoch

keppoch

Any thoughts on the requirements for the clamping with ratchet straps as here: http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id28.html

All seems a bit odd to me!

keppoch

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive serviced them a couple of times as per enduro (without straps) and never used the straps and nothing killed me…

keppoch

Can I use any synthetic suspension fluid like this: Stendtec 7.5wt or does it have to be the Fox fluid stuff Fox Suspension Fluid?

Also is the one seal set all I need, the Enduro seals instructions show a separate oil seal to the dust wiper seal.

keppoch

wonnyj
    Free Member

Don’t know about that one sorry.

Albanach
    Free Member

I am just about to do the very same on my Vanilla R forks which are in need of an oil change and possibly new seals. I searched on Google and ordered some of this having read this thread on this forum and a couple of other places online
    Just out of interest where you getting your seals from?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox Vanilla servicing – advice please’ is closed to new replies.