Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • FOX USA still not acknowledged the Mojo issue. Why are they hiding?
  • tinglesrack
    Free Member

Its extremely odd that Fox USA have made no statement, have no info for customers, and still have Mojo listed as a distributor. All emails that are sent from the UK get bounced back as undeliverable, and they can’t be messaged by Facebook or have posts written on their wall.
    It seems the only of contact is by writing a comment on their Facebook posts/pics.
    I’ve just left my 2pence worth and would urge everyone else to do the same. You can add your comment to their latest facebook post here

LAT

I think they prefer to be contacted by phone. This isn’t entirely convenient given the time zone,but is not uncommon for USA companies to prefer a call over emails.

Do you have a warranty issue you need to get fixed? Try the German place.

I doubt they are hiding anything, but caught out by the speed with which Mojo moved on.

d3carbon
    Free Member

Thanks for starting a new thread… the other one seems to have been hijacked by people talking about Fox droppers.

2 thing p*** me off:

1. I have literally just bought a brand new set of Fox Factory Forks at full price. (Just before finding out about the Mojo sell off)
    2. What happens if i find out my forks are faulty tomorrow?

Somebody give me some good news!

scotroutes

Who did you buy them from? Your first port of call is (as always) with the retailer and it’ll be their responsibility to sort you out.

d3carbon
    Free Member

Who did you buy them from? Your first port of call is (as always) with the retailer and it’ll be their responsibility to sort you out.

Sussed out

But I thought all warranty issues were referred to Mojo?

P-Jay
    Free Member

I really wouldn’t worry.

Okay if your forks fail NOW, you might be left with the choice of paying for a repair or waiting to see if Fox will warranty them, but I expect we’ll all get to find out next week who we can all blame for Mojo losing it.

tinglesrack
    Free Member

I can see a lot of people being left in the lurch here. Likely example being this:
    Customer has warranty issue, shop they bought it from have nowhere to send for the warranty, customer may kick up a fuss and demand a new item, shop have nowhere to buy a new item as the distributor no longer exists.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Maybe, but it seems unlikely to me that Fox have just decided to pull out of the UK.

Perhaps, just perhaps Chris Porter had a falling out with Fox and had flounced and left them in the lurch, but I doubt it, it all seems a bit backwards, but I suspect the UK Dist will reveal themselves any day, or Germany will become the European dist and they’ll deal with it.

Rorschach
    Free Member

If I proffered a theory it would be.
    Fox wanted to repeat what they have done in Germany by buying the importer/service centre (possibly for peanuts as “what are you going to do without Fox?”).Mr Porter told them to shove it where the sun don’t shine (possibly as “you’ll be screwed with no service centre for your stuff” and you don’t want to argue with Chris 👿 ).
    This would explain the speed in which it happened.The lack of any alternative offered.And Mojo dumping all stock peanuts.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I wonder how much of the uk supplied fox stuff came via mojo anyway. And if mr porter decided it’s not worth being the warranty agent anymore.

This is of cource pure speculation.

But if he was getting bullied by fox and told them to bugger off then good for him

Rorschach
    Free Member

I wonder how much of the uk supplied fox stuff came via mojo anyway

All of it (uk oe was bought through Mojo)

tinglesrack
    Free Member

Thats incorrect. Mojo only sold Aftermarket Fox products. OE stuff that comes on a full bike would have been fitted at the country of manufacturing which for most brands is definitely not the UK. I guess brands like Orange and Cotic may be the exception to this.

Rorschach
    Free Member

uk oe was bought through Mojo

Orange certainly did (as I may have bought some forks off them….allegedly)

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’d bet it’s based on buyers location.

Orange who assemble their bikes here will no doubt be supplied by Mojo but I’d bet someone like Giant or Trek who assemble in the Far East have their stuff supplied there.

Speeder

Tinglesrack There are some companies that actually manufacture bikes here in the UK that need to buy OE stuff from somewhere – that would have been Mojo.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I was thinking more the stuff that crc merlin etc sell rather than what the small volume uk bike company’s are buying.

scotroutes

There’s no knowing where that stuff comes from.

DezB
    Free Member

Pretty sure a Redbull Foxhunt photo isn’t the place to post your complaints to Fox. They will most definitely ignore that!

tinglesrack
    Free Member

My logic for posting a comment on that Facebook photo was that its their most recent Facebook post and its not actually possible to post a on their page apart from as a comment to one of their posts.
    They’ve disabled direct messages and the ability for people to start topics

dirksdiggler
    Free Member

I can see a lot of people being left in the lurch here. Likely example being this:
    Customer has warranty issue, shop they bought it from have nowhere to send for the warranty, customer may kick up a fuss and demand a new item, shop have nowhere to buy a new item as the distributor no longer exists.

I doubt that Mojo own any of the warranty parts. This will all likely be Fox’s product and I can quite easily see that this can quickly get shipped to any existing service center like TFT or other Fox tuning centers so they can step in and deal with any warranty issues in the short or long term.
    The lack of any news from Fox is likely that they are currently dialling in the terms of any new agreement with whoever is stepping in.
    Depending on what the actual scale of warranty repair is, it could either be a gravy train if it’s significant numbers of units or non issue if its the relatively low volume work I assume it to be.
    Replacement product.. fox are likely able to put individual product in a UK store inside 3 days with UPS.
    I think this is less of an issue than people are making out to be.

chakaping
    Free Member

I can see why people who’ve bought aftermarket forks and shocks would be aggrieved though.

That stuff ain’t cheap and they may have used Mojo and their rep for good CS as part-justification for spending almost a grand on a fork.

Now they’re not gonna get that.

LAT

But I thought all warranty issues were referred to Mojo?

They were, but if the item you bought doesn’t work properly through no fault of your own (within a reasonable period, etc, etc), then the shop you bought them from is legally obliged to sort it out. A bit of a pain, granted.

Then you’d be entitled to a refund, I believe.

Poopscoop

Wherever it’s forks, flights or Lord knows what… Large companies never seem to understand that silence or denial I’d never the best response and just end up making a potentially small issue a much larger one as it hints at ineptitude or cover up.

kelvin

Cotic were definitely sourcing all Fox stuff through Mojo. Top level Cotic bikes are being changed to CaneCreek for 275, RockShox for 29, at least for now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is this still all in the hypothetical? Worst case retailer contacts fox directly (as retailers can probably do via a method not open to the general public) and deal with it. Best case mojo forwards the details on to fox.

It’s been a week so untangle your underwear and go for a ride.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Worst case retailer contacts fox directly

And Fox US will do what exactly?

philxx1975
    Free Member

You can leave a review however.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Just going to have to wait and see a bit I think.

On a slight side note. Is a shops warranty with mojo if they bought the product from them ?

In the same way as a customers warranty is with the the shop and not fox/mojo as such

simondbarnes

On a slight side note. Is a shops warranty with mojo if they bought the product from them ?

The shop’s backup is with whoever the current distributor / service centre is.

orangeboy
    Free Member

So is the sale of good act or what ever it is now different for retailers to wholesalers relationships than it would be for consumers with retailers ?

mc
    Free Member

Consumer legislation does not apply to business to business transactions.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

^^^ and indeed never has.

orangeboy
    Free Member

It’s not somthing I’d consider before so thanks.

Sorry op slight hijack

chakaping
    Free Member

Large companies never seem to understand that silence or denial I’d never the best response and just end up making a potentially small issue a much larger one

Totally. I’ve been involved with much, much bigger firms who have the same head-in-the-sand attitude.

Though most would have at least put out a holding message by now.

chrismac

Uk customers are safe. Under UK law the warranty is the shops responsibility to honour. If they cant get it fixed in a reasonable time period then you are entitled to a refund. I realise that puts the shop in the front line but thats the way the law is worded. The only people who could be in the lurch are those who bought them directly from Mojo if they cease trading. IF the company continues then they are still responsible / liable even if they are not the distributor.

garage-dweller

Uk customers are safe.

Those who have stuff in warranty maybe. Those who have properly functioning out of warranty stuff who want consumables for servicing to make their kit keep working for its normal expected life time are not unless they can order bits from somewhere outside the UK.

In fact if you go back to the in warranty stuff it gets messier because if the kit isn’t serviced on schedule (may need parts and consumables) then the consumer could end up in a void warranty situation.

Let’s face it if you’re a shop faced with a stack of warranty issues (through failure of the supply chain) and you’re unable to deal with the repairs/cost of refund or replace you may have to fall back on the small print to save yourself.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member

Worst case retailer contacts fox directly

And Fox US will do what exactly?[/quote]
    Tells them the process for warranty, by which time either it will go to Europe or to the new place. Failing that they could be working on interim measures with people like TF to cover warranty work.

Those who have stuff in warranty maybe. Those who have properly functioning out of warranty stuff who want consumables for servicing to make their kit keep working for its normal expected life time are not unless they can order bits from somewhere outside the UK.

Which parts can you not get? Again it’s been a week – looks like Mojo caught them on the hop a little here.
    Quick look says Mojo still have a heap of spares
    http://www.mojo-store.co.uk/fox-service-parts-c102x2665088

Plenty of If, when, could, might going on here

tinglesrack
    Free Member

mikewsmith, I guess you didn’t actually look at that link? Pretty much every common service part and lubricants are sold out 🙄

scotroutes

Those who have properly functioning out of warranty stuff who want consumables for servicing to make their kit keep working for its normal expected life time are not unless they can order bits from somewhere outside the UK.

Do you have something against ze Germans?
    e.g.
    https://www.bike24.de/1.php?content=7&menu=1000%2C185%2C190&__qf_form-filter=&mid%5B242%5D=1

garage-dweller

I doubt mojo would have been holding more than a couple of months worth, so add in some panic buying and that’s a few weeks worth. Fine and dandy if you’ve stocked up but if not you have to look elsewhere / get more creative.

I’m not panicking and I accept there will be EU sources for a lot of stuff but I still think Fox seemingly failing to make any attempt to reassure the market is a bad PR move.

Scotroutes nothing against the Germans at all. Quite the contrary actually, one of my favourite European countries in lots of ways. I assume (rightly or wrongly) it’s mildly more faff to have to shop “overseas” and I feel I shouldn’t have to go hunting across the EU for what must be a half decent market for Fox in the UK.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘FOX USA still not acknowledged the Mojo issue. Why are they hiding?’ is closed to new replies.