Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Fox Terralogic. Have they got a blue knob on the right ?
  • I thought they hadn't, just the red one, but there's a pair on ebay at the moment that have.
    Is this a type of Terralogic fork I wasn't aware of, or has the seller got it wrong ?

wwaswas

Terralogic is at the bottom of the right leg and is blue.

If they are RLT then you get the two at the top as well – red and blue.

LoCo
    Free Member

Blue knob bottom of the damper leg for adjusting the 'threshold' of the system. R/h side when sat on bike.

OK, thanks.
    I thought it was blue on the top left for travel adjust, red inner on the top right for damping and blue outer on the top right for lock out.
    With Terralogic there's no need for a lockout, so I thought it was just the red on its own on the right.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Talas is travel adjust not Terralogic? Ahh older forks sorry 🙂

wwaswas

blue top left is on TALAS, not Terralogic – not sure you can get both together?

you can get rebound, lockout and terralogic – I guess they still need a version with a 3 letter abbreviation…

LoCo
    Free Member

Talas Travel adjuster blue on top L/H leg.
    Rebound adjuster red on top R/H leg.
    Low speed compression adjuster blue top of R/H leg.
    (for pre 2011 stuff as colours and positions have changed a bit)

These are the ones.

Red knob on the bottom right ? Is that right for Terralogic ?

wwaswas

ah, I think these are 'new' terralogic – not sure how that works, tbh.

foxyrider
    Free Member

F29 – 2010 not 2011 – F series RLC not Talas – red knob is rebound dampening.

http://www.foxracingshox.com/downloads/DirtRag_F29FITRLC.pdf

The rebound and lockout force adjuster knobs have swapped places on new models, with the rebound now on the bottom of the right-hand leg and lockout force on top, nested in the lockout lever.

njee20
    Free Member

That's not Terralogic, they're wrong, it's just a 2010 fork with blow off threshold adjustment on the lockout.

Terralogic is coming back for 2011 though, and allegedly it works this time.

foxyrider
    Free Member

They are as described "FOX 32 F29 RLC FIT DISC".

Edit – THEY ARE NOT TERRLOGICs 🙂

Thanks for the quote, foxyrider. I couldn't open the pdf on Mrs MTG's computer to read it.
    So it looks like they've got an adjustable lock out threshold for the Terralogic and a simple on off full lock out knob to override it.

Bottom line then, yes, they are Terralogic ?

LoCo
    Free Member

Not Terralogic as Njee says RLC, Rebound, Lockout (with threshold adjust) and Compression adjust, good forks.

Terralogic or X valve cartridges worked similar to a Brain rear shock.
    Effectivly they were always locked out, with a bumps making the fork become active, the threshold of the lockout was adjustable for the amount of force/size of bump that was needed for them to become active.

The RLC which these forks are, has an on/off on the lockout with a threshold to allow tuning of amount of force needed for the forks to 'blow through' the lockout.
    Hope that helps.

The two sytems work differently with the Terralocic being an aquired taste.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oops

They are as described "FOX 32 F29 RLC FIT DISC"

Yes, in the heading, but then in the description it says…

REBOUND & ADJUSTMENTS: 100MM TRAVEL, AIR SPRUNG PRESSURE, LEVER ACTUATED LOCKOUT, REBOUND ADJUST, LOW SPEED COMPRESSION, TERRALOGIC THRESHOLD

I've got a set of 26" Terralogics and I like them, that's why I want some for my 29er now.

I'm still confused though.
    As I understand it (in simplified layman's terms);

Terralogic forks act as rigid until they hit a 4" bump. This activates the inertia valve. They will then continue to react to all bumps until they have been inactive for 10 seconds, when they will revert to rigid.

Threshold lockout forks act as rigid until they hit a 4" bump. They then revert to rigid until they hit another 4" bump. Adjusting the threshold can make them react to a 3" or 2" bump, but they will always be rigid over smaller bumps.

Have I got that right ? If so, which are the ones I linked to above ?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry 🙁 The ones describes ARE NOT TERRALOGIC. So I was wrong they are not as described. Someones copied the 2011 bumf into the advert. The newest terrlogic is only available on the 2011 models:

http://www.foxracingshox.com/bike/11/forks/32_F29

The ones you've linked are the 2010 F29 RLC (fit damper) No terralogic.

2011 Fox Suspension – New Terralogic Fork Platform, TALAS Options and Vanilla Shock

njee20
    Free Member

You're vaguely on the right lines, you can over ride the Terralogic-ness (although the later 'Trail Tune' ones less so), so it's virtually 100% locked or 100% active. But yes, they're locked until they hit a bump, then remain active until they stop hitting bumps, it's not quite 10 seconds, but you've got the gist!

The problem with them was the cartridges varied wildly, and the forks were incredibly unpredictable, either you went into a bend expecting them to stay locked, they wouldn't, and you'd oversteer, or vice versa. As I say though, back for 2011 and allegedly alright. Solves a problem that doesn't exist IMO, particularly on short travel forks, I took the entire lockout out of my SID!

Thanks for all the helpful advice everyone.
    I won the auction. My first time using Hammersnipe, it seems to work. 😉
    Once I've got them and sorted out an IS to post adapter, I'll see how I get on with the lockout threshold adjuster.
    I really don't like the way suspension forks bob when pedalling up hill, but I want them to work on the way down, without having to manually turn a knob every time.

Been for a short test ride and I like them.
    Got the lockout threshold set only two clicks from max.
    No significant bob when climbing out of the saddle, but they seem to be doing what they should over the bumps.
    90km of tarmac, twisty singletrack and 60km/h+ chalk farm tracks on Salisbury Plain tomorrow. Let's see what I think after that.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Fox Terralogic. Have they got a blue knob on the right ?’ is closed to new replies.