• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by jes.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • FOX TALAS FORKS HELP ADVICE
  • tweedviper
    Free Member

Hi all, I am after some serious advice on Forks, I ride a Specialized Stumpy which currently has Fox 120RL forks on, they are great but have decided that I want some Fox Talas forks as you can adjust them on the fly. I tend do do a mixture of riding from cross country singletrack semi downhill (nothing epic) from Afan, Mountain Mayhem, Forest of dean sort of thing. I would appreciate any advice or even your views.
    Thanks TWEEDVIPER

Euro
    Free Member

My advice would be to not bother with talas. Firstly they are expensive and secondly they wont be as good as the forks you’re replacing.

I’ve a set of Talas but hardly ever use the adjustment on them. If I were to replace them i’d be giving these a go.

110-140mm travel for under £400

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Had the Talas now removed the talas part and made them into floats. Never used the reduction system and the floats perform so so much better.

jes
    Free Member

I run 160 and 180 mm 36 Talas, like the height adjustment and stiffness a great versatile fork, bit stiff on the smaller stuff at the higher pressures I need to run and non sale items are very expensive, but love them.
    Also just got the Velvets for a HT and I am super impressed for the price, work great out of the box, very supple, reasonable stiffness for a 32mm fork and I like that the travel adjustment alters the height when the lever is moved (on the talas a bounce of the forks are required).
    For a FS frame I would probably look at the 34 mm Slant.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘FOX TALAS FORKS HELP ADVICE’ is closed to new replies.