Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox Stanchion Damage
  • jammer
    Free Member

I've managed to have an off and damage one of my fox 36 stanchions.

It's looks as though it's just a tiny bit of the anodising that's been chipped off.

Has anybody else done this and do you have any repair tips ?

And how much roughly are new stantions ?

Cheers

johnners
    Free Member

They're about £200, but don't worry, the rest of them will soon wear down level with the chip…

djglover
    Free Member

fill it in with nail varnish and then rub with wet and dry.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

If it feels smooth,no worries I would just ride it. 🙂

Theres a few riders using damaged fox forks on the Tuesday night rides with no further problems.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

i did the same, quick call to TFT suggested I carefully sand any sharp edges of and live with it as repair costs where £200 + regular servicing + P&P. Apparently it is not usually so bad on a 36 dues to the way the internals were designed as on say a talas 32.

jammer
    Free Member

Great thanks

I'll probably just live with it. £200 is quite steep and they seem to still work fine.

I suspect the seals might need servicing and replacing a bit more often but I'll live with it.

stumpyjon

Apparently it is not usually so bad on a 36 dues to the way the internals were designed as on say a talas 32

Thanks for that, discovered a chip and surface scratch in the damping (left) leg of my Talas 32s today. Annoying it must have been done moving stuff around in the garage.

I was trying to work out what effect it would have, all the damping stuff is inside the stanchion so surely the seals that it travels over are just to keep the crud out?

mwleeds

I successfully repaired a scratch in the stanchions of my fox 36 talas forks. Just use some araldite and rub smooth with wet and dry paper (1500) as suggested. It took me a few coats before the scratch was fully filled and be patient with the wet and dry (it took me quiet a while to get it perfectly smooth, probably worth taking off the forks and doing it in front of the TV :-))

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox Stanchion Damage’ is closed to new replies.