Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • fox rp3, oil in the schrader valve, dodgy or not?
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

just bought a bike, its a few years old, first time i undid the airvalve to the rp3 rear shock it was full of yellow fluid which i took to be oil from inside the shock.

got it all out, took it for a decent ride, and there doesnt seem to be anymore.

shock was and is still holding air.

is this a symptom of a problem, or can i run it like this (assuming theres no more oil)?

any idea what it might be if it is a problem, and is it fixable by a partially mechanically able person, ie me?

khani
    Free Member

its probably float fluid from the air can, if its yellow it sounds mucky so probably needs a air can service which is easy to do diy, you can get a seal kit from mojo for about a tenner and some float fluid for the same, all destructions are on the mojo website to get you started

fotorat
    Free Member

I deflated mine 2 years ago just to see if anything would foul the water bottle I had just fitted, some oily gunk came out but it pumped up ok and worked fine ever since.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘fox rp3, oil in the schrader valve, dodgy or not?’ is closed to new replies.