Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fox rp23 rubber ring?
  • Danno72
    Free Member

The rubber ring that shows how much travel you are using has snapped. Had a quick look online and it seems you have to buy the whole seal kit just to get the one ring I need. Will probably service it myself anyway but would be good to get just the ring I need for now. Any aftermarket or diy fixes?

Cheers

Dan

coatesy
    Free Member

It does sod all really, so you could just ignore it. If you must have one, then try your local car spares shop, they'll have a selection for pennies.

Danno72
    Free Member

Thanks coatesy. I know it does sod all but nice to keep and eye on what's happening with the travel and sag really. Good call on the car spares , will give it a go.

cheers

benji_allen
    Free Member

Or Plumbing supplier…

crikey
    Free Member

Eh?

Put an elastic band round it you plonker!

ex-pat
    Free Member

I thought this was what dirt was for, to leave a clean/grime tide mark on my forks so I can see where my travel is at.
    But then really, if I'm not shaking my teeth out then I figure the forks are working and all is good.
    Sag, well, that's measured in inches of gut over my belt.

Ambrose

zip tie

jamesb
    Free Member

just use a small zip tie loosely secured, a slip fit tightness; I use zip ties on front forks and my RP3 raer for this purpose

thepurist

Cut a thin section of old inner tube, slice it to turn it from a loop into a string, tie round shock in an attractive double overhand gusset hitch.

molgrips
    Free Member

B&Q, pack of assorted O-rings for 50p. Unbolt shock rear, slip on and re-bolt.

Danno72
    Free Member

Nice one guys cheers for the info.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

clean each end and superglue it back together? Works on old music cassette drivebelts.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fox rp23 rubber ring?’ is closed to new replies.