Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • fox rp23 boostvalve tune 150 vs 175
  • trailflow
    Free Member

Im looking to upgrade my rp23 to the kashima version. I’ve found a deal online but its boostvalve tune 175.
    Mine is 150. Anyone know what the difference is and how it will differ to my current shock? The bike is a yeti asr 5.

Gee76
    Free Member

Asked similar q today of a well known uk service agent and reply was not to go against manufacturer spec. The cost of a retune to spec plus the shock makes it a pricey proposition in the end.

trailflow
    Free Member

OK , I’ll give it a miss. Thanks

ruscle
    Free Member

Boost valve only works when the shock is set on the pro pedal setting, so if you run it open most of the time as I do it make absolutely no difference. The pro pedal stops the mid stroke wallow and helps ramp up towards the end of travel, going from 150 to 175 shouldn’t make a lot of difference imo, you could always change the air can size to compensate. I was running the shock in the lowest pro pedal setting and didn’t realise it was actually on for the first 3 months of having the bike as couldn’t tell any difference between on and off in this setting!! Yeti ASR-5 as well. I got the kashima upgrade and is well worth it, I had the shock rebound slowed down as well at the same time. The rear end is so buttery smooth and thats with 1 seized bearing in the dog bone!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘fox rp23 boostvalve tune 150 vs 175’ is closed to new replies.