Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Fox rp23 and what do all the number mean?
  • Nezbo
    Free Member

I have been asked a question about a shock that i am trying to sell but it struck me that i dont know what they mean.

anyone any idea?

Rebound Tune = M (in a red box) Volocity Tune = M (in a blue box) and the Boost valve tune = 225 (in a grey box)

Nezbo
    Free Member

surely some one mush know what these number mean? 🙁

strangertothelight
    Free Member

Doesn’t quite answer your question, but something I didnt realise until recently when someone else mentioned it on this forum is that the letters refer to the capabilities of the shock:

R = Rebound
    RL = Rebound, lockout
    RLC = Rebound, lockout, compression

Not sure if that is of any help, but thought I would mention it just in case!

Bosh
    Free Member

I struggled with the 1,2 & 3 settings!

Try this

foxman
    Free Member

it means the rebound tune is medium
    it means the velocity tune (compression) is medium )
    and the boost valve pressure (nitrogen charge) is 225 psi

all are factory set and not user adjustable

spooky_b329

But all can be adjusted by the likes of TFTuned and their Push or custom valving, they just need to know the frame the shock is for and rider weight. They are generally set to suit the leverage ratio of the frame and its intended discipline with an average rider. Don’t think its too much to worry about, I know some Yeti 575’s came with a light tune and the following year medium.

Also, further to the RLC’s, I believe the ‘P’ in RP23 stands for Propedal.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

on my cannondale i always had mine set on 3 which meant alot more bouncier to take some good hits and was alot stiffer on climbs when locked out

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fox rp23 and what do all the number mean?’ is closed to new replies.