Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox RP23
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

guys, iv been riding with an RP23 for the past 4 years but im not one to findle with things.
    i tend to keep it in 2 rather than changing it around. how many of you guys change between 1,2 and 3 and why if you do?

sorry just borad sat in the office!!

scruff
    Free Member

Depends on your bike and how / where you ride. Rocky stuff incuding climbing may be better with it off. Maybe use 1 or 2 for smoother stuff. 3 is only for LONG & STEEP fireroads.

cubemeup
    Free Member

yeah i turn it off but i dont tend to fuss around with the other two setting, like really soft and hard.
    can you really notice much difference between 1,2 and 3

robinbetts
    Free Member

There is a difference between 1, 2 and 3, but how noticeable it is I think depends on what pressure you have the shock at, and also maybe the geometry of the bike (I’m no expert so I could be talking cr@p but just going on personal experience).

Lately I’ve been riding on 3 for most stuff, even rocky decents, but I think I need a bit more pressure in there to be honest.

ddmonkey

I tend to put it in 2 and forget about it. I’d only change it if doing an uplift day and just wanted it fully open all the time.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

3 = road or smooth uphill offroad climbing

with my weight it feels almost like lockout mode…..but with a nice little bit of give for small bumps….

i dont tend to use 1 or 2 at all….1 especially just feels like open, so when down hill descent etc i just have it open!

kevin1911

Must say I’ve not really noticed much difference between the three on my Trek Fuel Ex9, so tend to just leave it in 2 and just use the propedal lever.

kimbers

just leave it on 2 for climbs and off the rest of the time on my kona

CaptainSlow

I rarely use PP. I have it set to 3 and will occasionally use it on road climbs if I remember or can be bothered to reach down and flick the lever.

cubemeup
    Free Member

well im glad to see im not on my own, i got the boost valve now and it feels really nice to i dont see the point in changing things!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox RP23’ is closed to new replies.