Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Fox RP2 Who has one?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

And what does the propedal leaver do?

Im after a shock that can be locked out and can be left open not to fussed about any in-between settings but they could be useful.

Any experience?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have one. The Propedal lever does exactly that – Turns the Propedal on and off. AFAIK there aren’t any shocks you can totally lock out any more, if that’s what you are after? You cartainly don’t need that anyway as the Propedal tightens the back end up nicely, yet still lets it move over the bumps
    🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

Is it an RP2 on the Pitch?

Im thinking of one on an Enduro I like it fully open like on my coil shock but I would like it to be somewhat firmer for climbing.

To be honest its all experimenting to try and get it to ride well and be a bit lighter.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is it an RP2 on the Pitch?

Yep, (Pitch Pro)
    It works very well. My last bike had an RP23 and I don’t miss the 2 extra PP settings.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

isn’t the RP2 only available fitted to frames by manufacturers? Mojo told me it wasn’t an aftermarket product

glenh
    Free Member

Yes, the RP2 is OEM only, along with the RPL (which is the same as the RP2 but also has a fully locked mode).

richc
    Free Member

The RP2 and RP23 come with different levels of propedal tuning into them, it isn’t as simple as on and off, as on some bikes the ‘on’ position won’t be a millions miles off the ‘off’ position on others if you get what I mean.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Rich, yes you’re right there. In much the same way they also come with different levels of rebound and compression tuning to suit different bikes

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ive managed to find one pretty cheap at a shop and might give it a try.

PP as your bike is FSR you might be able to help me a bit more if you dont mind.

With the propedal tune there is a little square on the sticker showing the amount of propedal it has as standard with three little lines increasing in size. Which one of these is the shock tuned to?

If you follow me.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ache – I know what you mean, but I’m at work, bike’s at home….

I did post this on another thread recently, let me have a look……

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep, here you go –

RP2 – Mine has medium compression and light rebound, if you want to know!

😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thanks and one last thing before you get annoyed at me. How much does it firm up the back end? Even if the one Ive found has light compression it should firm it up enough to make climbs easier. It will certainly save a load of weight over the Vanilla I have on there now.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep, it’s noticeably tauter. My pitch climbs fairly well for a bike of it’s type, but it just kills the last bit of bob and still leaves the back end fairly supple. Well worth having, IMO
    🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thanks for your help.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My pleasure
    🙂

Sidney
    Free Member

Glad I found this thread before I started a new one but I have a question:

I found out the compression/rebound settings that are on the RP23 version of my bike. If I find an RP2 with the same settings will it perform exactly the same but with less adjustability or is there some other tuning I'm not aware of? My budget probably won't strecth to the rp23 if I want to get anything else upgraded!

Ta

epicsteve
    Free Member

I bought one of the cheap CRC RP2's for my 2004 Enduro and it came with medium compression and medium rebound. In use that seems to work well, but I expect you could get someone like TFT to change it if required.

The only adjustments on the RP2 are air pressure and pro-pedal on or off (the difference is very noticeable on the Enduro).

takisawa2

RP23 on my ElCiclon but only ever used on/off. Climbs like a HT with it on. In fact it spends most of its life on, & goes off for long descents.

ChrisL

Fox do an RPL shock that can be locked out. It has 3 settings – open, pro-pedal engaged and locked-out. I'm not sure if it's an OEM-only shock or not, though. Some Treks have it and the Triad shock on some Stumpjumpers seems to be the same idea.

Sidney
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.

I was thinking more along the lines when I see posts mentioning that a shock is tuned to a specific bike, do they mean the rebound/compression low/med/hi settings or are there some other settings that are tuned for the bike that I'm unaware of?

I have seen RP2's on CRC with the correct rebound/compression settings and I'm thinking maybe I don't need the adjustability (and cost) of the rp23s.

Cheers

I_Ache
    Free Member

Sidney: Way to go resurrecting this old thread I don't even have that bike anymore. As far as I know the tuning is just the compression and rebound base settings. I have an RP3 on my current bike and I use all 3 settings but mainly only use the two open and middle, I only use full when going up really big hills. Just go for it.

trail8lazer
    Free Member

hey sorry about hijacking the thread but I am about to buy a fox float rp2 from a commencal meta 5.5, for my giant trance x5. Does anyone know if I will have to get it re-tuned? Thanks

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Fox RP2 Who has one?’ is closed to new replies.