Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Fox rp2 nitrogen query
  • jono84
    Free Member

Just been re newing the float fluid an changing a du bush on my shox and accidently pushed the shock body off the shaft…..a bit of a hiss an im now left without any nitrogen ….. ive forced the body back on and re aired it sat on the bike in my garden and it feels all right ? I have noticed the pro pedal is no longer workingis this all the nitrogen does ? I presume my only option is to fork out a load of cash and have it serviced to fix this nothing I can do myself is it ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Unless you have a cylinder of N2, all the tools etc. not much you can do. Pick Loco/TF/Mojo/Jtech (others may be available and speak to them on Monday morning)

oliverracing

I’ve found a really good source for for 78% pure nitrogen, that is also completely free…

I’ve been running it in mine since I decided to give it a full service and it’s been fine!

(it’s just air for those that don’t get it)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what are you using to charge it with?

jono84
    Free Member

Also curious as the needle thats required appears to be a special tool thats only avaliable to fox service centers ?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Where about in the UK are you?

jono84
    Free Member

Hilly lincolnshire

RickDraper
    Free Member

If you were nearer me you could have popped over and I’d have sorted it for you.

jono84
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer , ive seen some americans have modified a normal valve to fit but the parts there using seem difficult to source in the uk

Rorschach
    Free Member

Puzzled to exactly what (and how) you’ve done what you have done.Removing the shock body from the shaft is’nt that straight forward (as the shim stack is on the other side) and usually ends up with damper oil everywhere as its under a lot of pressure from the IFP which is at the opposite end of the body (along with the nitrogen).
    I could be waaay off the mark but have you just taken the air can off and let the air out of the negative spring chamber?

renton
    Free Member

Rorschach that’s exactly what I was thinking.

takisawa2

The nitrogen is only in the damping circuit isn’t it… 😕

jono84
    Free Member

Rorschach you may be on to something …… I removed the shock from my bike (to fit du bushing), while I was at it I let the air pressure out and unscrewed the shock body/air can with intentions of replacing the float fluid…..I pulled the body down (which usually sucks itself back up towards the threads) BUT pulled the bottom of the air can body off the bottom of the shaft letting what I presumed was the nitrogen out,( I may be wrong here? )the air can was then a royal pain to force back into place as it had pressure now pulling the body away from the threads …..if this is air in the negative side is it something I can sort ? Or by pressuring my air can back up will it self adjust ? As I mentioned the pro pedal doesnt seem to have the same positive adjustment anymore ?

jono84
    Free Member

Well further digging on the internet an turns out ive been a idiot, not done any harm what so ever, it worried me having the pressure in the can reversed but this is totally normal, as for the pro pedal …makes me wonder is thats all in my head, once ive built the bike back up I’ll know for sure thanks for everyones involvement

Rorschach
    Free Member

No nitrogen was harmed in your service!!
    You’ve just done an air can service.
    The air can should be difficult to refit (I usually put the eyelet in a vice to get my weight behind it) and indeed the -ve chamber is self setting.
    I suspect there’s a bit of a placebo with the pro-pedal after you thinking you’d damaged it.Tbh the difference between open and closed on the RP2’s was pretty subtle,nothing you have done should have affected it at all.
    😀 (Smug mode on)

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m sure I have a nitrogen regulator in the loft somewhere. What connection is it? Is oxygen free nitrogen the stuff to use?

Superficial
    Free Member

What Rorschach said. You’ve just taken the air can off. You’ll have to try harder to remove the nitrogen 😀

eshershore
    Free Member

turn rebound on full when refitting air can, makes it much easier 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Fox rp2 nitrogen query’ is closed to new replies.