Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • FOX oil question ? HELP & INFO please.?
  • jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Jujst rebuilding my FOX 35 Talas RC2 fork.
    Got new Enduro seals etc..
    Only thing now is i need or simular 35 ML of Multi Vicosity Fully synthetic motor oil to put 15 ML in Talas side & 25ML in rebound side ?

WHATS Multi vicosity then >!<

Or whats ok i thought just put 5w 40 fully synthetic oil in..?

Any one ?
    Or will fox fluid do it even..?
    Any help or info welcome chaps .???

BIG THX in adavance 😀

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Fox 35…new fork is it 😉

Oh and for the lubing oil in the lowers any 7wt/10wt fork oil will do…some use motor oil etc.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Now, normally, I'd say make sure you get the right stuff if it's doing any damping duties and almost any oil if it's doing sloshing around duties. The two small volumes you mention are sloshing around duties. However, Fox forks use hydrodynamic bearings so getting the right oil can help avoid that loose feeling in the bushes, this is especially the case with the 36s as big forks run looser bushes. Have a look at the fox site for your model year and see whether they suggest 7 or 10 weight oil. Now, remember that one companies 10 weight is nothing like another companies 10 wt. What you can do is have a look for a chap called PVD on wiki who has a list of loads of fork oils on his motorcycle pages. There you can find out which oils the bicycle fork companies actually use by matching the spec. I think the Fox 10wt is Silkolene stuff and the 7 wt is Torco (or it could be the other way around). I think I found the spec for the 10 wt Fox by zooming in on a pic and reading the spec of the label and then using the pvdwiki table to see what matched that spec.

Then again, I'm a bit anal about my bikes.

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Onzadog
    A tad technical but i understand it mate.
    THX pal..

LoCo
    Free Member

7wt oil in each leg, as the 36 has a closed damper cartridge so the oil in the leg is only for lubrication of the bushes.
    I wouldn't worry too much about the different manufacturers oil weight differences as long as you use a good brand like castrol, silkolene or torco e.t.c.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘FOX oil question ? HELP & INFO please.?’ is closed to new replies.