Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox lowers, gold or green?
  • mudmonster
    Free Member

Been looking for an alternative for fox green for the oil bath. Checked out the price of the real stuff and then noticed 20wt gold which is cheaper. Anyone use this? Or shall I stick to torco rsf medium that I’ve been using up to now?

dirtydog
    Free Member

Fox gold all the way, if its for 32s make sure they have SKF gold compatible seals installed, no issues with SKF 34, 36 or 40s seals.

It has been designed for one purpose only and that’s to lubricate the upper bushings and tubes, it does a much better job than their old ‘Jack of all trades’ green lubricant/damper fluid.

Use it in my 36s.

LoCo
    Free Member

Gold for lower leg lubrication, if you have an open bath damper in one side the oil is used for damping and lubrication so you need the correct weight such as 10wt Motul that we supply. (7wt if a light rider) and as mentioned above the use the new 32mm gold 20wt compatible seals for fox or they’ll leak 😉

mudmonster
    Free Member

Thanks, I have SKF low friction seals but not sure if they are gold compatible. I have fit 32’s and f120’s o/b, so gold in both legs of the fit forks and in 1 leg of the open bath fork.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Ok so I need the newer skf seals. Hardly used my old ones which is quite annoying. I’m surprised the oil in the lower legs makes it up as far as the seal to be honest.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox lowers, gold or green?’ is closed to new replies.