Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox House pub – Longshaw, Sheffield
  • Arrived at 1.45 for a meal and had to queue for a table – fair enough.

Got table after about 45mins and ordered food, but by 3.50pm when people who'd arrived after us were almost wiping their plates clean I started to get a tad annoyed.

Had a word with the manager (in a pleasant manner) and it wasn't long before food arrived, which by the way was delicious.

Mid-meal the manager came across and said the bill was sorted as our ticket had gone missing. Not sure if this was entirely true, as they knew exactly what we were eating.

On leaving I offered to pay some money as the food was good and didn't mind waiting for properly cooked food – also we'd had about £15's worth of drinks on the order.

He wouldn't have it and our (approx) £40 slate was wiped clean. Shook his hand and left, but will definitely eat there again – maybe booking in advance though.

steveh

It's my favourite place for a pub meal. I don't think they take bookings though, or haven't when I've enquired about it previously.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

You waited 2h for your grub in a boozer???????????

ton

you could have got a new orange 5 quicker than that………. 😆

No, we had a drink whilst waiting for a table, then once seated and ordered we waited about an hour and a quarter.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox House pub – Longshaw, Sheffield’ is closed to new replies.