Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • FOX Forks – Scratch!
  • charliegavins
    Free Member

Oops – just checked my my FOX forks – they have got scratched. HOW?

EEk!

Anyway – Seems to be just the top layer which has been scratched, nothing underlying. See photo – excuse quality – low light/minimal space/wide aperture needed/rushing situation.

So – what are my options?

1. Would this be protected under warranty?

2. Does nail varnish actually work – and if so, how do I do this? I see a lot of instructions using sand paper which gets me very worried about making all of this a lot worse!

Thank you very much in advance for any advice!!

C

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I don’t see how it would be covered under warranty.

charliegavins
    Free Member

there was nothing exceptional about the ride – find it quite mad how easily they can scratch without me noticing!

Superficial
    Free Member

Can you feel the scratches? They don’t look very deep. Annoying, sure. Will they affect performance/cause leaks/wear the seals out earlier etc? Doubtful.

Unless you can get a fingernail in, the nail polish will just cause more problems.

droppinneutron
    Free Member

looks like its been lent against something and slipped a bit – hardly matters really though

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not warranty, just bad luck.
    File/polish/smooth rough edges if you can feel any.
    Carry on riding. Seal doesn’t need to be air tight.

charliegavins
    Free Member

I have a feeling it might have been the brush I used to quickly wash the bike down – I don’t do it on the stanchions but might’ve glanced them – although again – very delicate!

can’t get a nail in there or anything – super duper light scratches – happy to leave them and yep see no ill effects with the forks at all but would hate not to fix something now if it gives me bigger problems in the future.

Has anyone had similar problems to this?

charliegavins
    Free Member

They actually look deeper in the photos than in real life – it’s literally just a scratch in the coating membrane.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of marks in mine from rock’s been flicked up. They’ve been there for over 2 years now and hasn’t made a difference. Just carry on as normal.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘FOX Forks – Scratch!’ is closed to new replies.