Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fox forks, Hope floating rotor, King hub FAIL!!
  • younggeoff

King front wheel with a hope floating rotor fitted it to the bike and the rotor rubs on the brake post mounts, don’t think this happens with a hope hub (I’ll find out tonight).

So what’s the solution, non-floating rotor ?

Anyone else had this problem?

doof_doof
    Free Member

Well documented on MTBR. Apparently the King hub geometry is to blame. Either file the disc mount or go to non-floating rotor.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

shimano xt m775 calipers – pro2 hub, hope floating rotor – just about cleared very very close, took a bit of fine tune alignment to just miss it.

since then

formula rx calipers, pro2 hub, hope floating rotor – absolutly stunning clearance, massive infact

both on fox forks

so could be a caliper spacing issue to throw further queries into the balance!

younggeoff

Filing the mount isn’t an option, it’s the actual boss on the fork lowers that the rotor is hitting.

So options are Hope Hub which means rebuilding the front wheel or get someone to mill some material off the alloy spider on the disk rotor or mill some material off the king hub (not really an option)

doof_doof
    Free Member

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=494704

Sorry, yes I meant you have to shave the fork’s post mount if you really want to stick with this comination. Some people have also shimed the brake side axel with a thin washer to add clearance. Though this will splay the legs and may increase bushing wear.

kamina
    Free Member

So options are Hope Hub which means rebuilding the front wheel or get someone to mill some material off the alloy spider on the disk rotor or mill some material off the king hub (not really an option)

I just went for fixed rotors, since I read I would have the same problem with my (at the time) I9 hub / Lyrik combo.

It’s not just a King thing, it’s actualy common with a lot of hub / fork combo’s and the Hope floating rotors. When I bend my current rotors I think I’ll try the floating ones since I now have Hadley hubs and apparently they should work.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I use Shimano floaters to get around this problem. Slightly different profile, clears with ease.

walleater

Something cheaper will work.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fox forks, Hope floating rotor, King hub FAIL!!’ is closed to new replies.