Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • fox forks help?
  • vbumfacev
    Free Member

ive been offered a set of fox forks,
    and all the info the person can give me is “fox shox 32 series 2 year 2007”

does anyone know what these are like, he doesnt have anyway of sending me a pic and its quite a long drive just to see what they look like.

so any iformation on these would be great

Shorty121
    Free Member

be careful of buying forks of that age as they may have the stanchion wear.

If he can’t provide pictures I would stay away

d45yth
    Free Member

They could be F-series, Floats or Talas’. R, RL or RLC? How much travel? What colour, this could help identify what type they are. If the stickers have been removed ask the seller what it says on all the adjusters.
    What ever they turn out to be make sure the steerer length is long enough for your frame!

vbumfacev
    Free Member

thanks for the replies
    ive got no clue about forks, what does R, RL, RLC stand for

ill ask him what travel they are and what colour and post back

i think the guy seems genuine but he doesnt sound as if he knows much about bikes, as he has offered me a good few things for what i think is a good price.

RoterStern
    Free Member

R means rebound, L means lock out and C means compression.ie there are dials to alter all of these things or not if the acronym is not there.

As already mentioned be wary of stanchion wear. Fox are notorious for premature wear. Note that you may not be able to see it either as quite often it is below the seals.

d45yth
    Free Member

Sounds dodgy to me! Good bits but seller doesn’t know much about them, hmmm!
    Anyway, what frame are they for? You need the fork travel to match the frame’s recommendations.
    The letters correspond with the forks external adjustments…R – Rebound. L – Lock-out. C – Compression.
    Apart from the more letters meaning more adjustments, they would also cost more new. If they’ve got a lever on the left leg with two numbers on, that’s a travel adjust…you only get that on the Talas.

vbumfacev
    Free Member

Cheers again for the replies, I’ll post back when I find out more,
    They are for my old giant xtc 3 frame year 2005 if that makes any difference?

vbumfacev
    Free Member

Update if it makes any difference they are black with 100mm travel
    Any help appreciated

RoterStern
    Free Member

If they are black they are probably the Fox vanillas which are coil spring forks rather than air spring. They worked fine just a bit heavier than the air sprung Floats plus you may need to budget a new spring depending on your weight. Still had the same stanchion wear problem mind.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘fox forks help?’ is closed to new replies.